Head of Programmes
Goma (Congo Democratic)
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of this joint mission and support us in the fight against hunger worldwide, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Head of Programmes*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
As Head of Programmes, you will support the development of the multi-annual country programme and contribute to its implementation and monitoring. Under the supervision of the Country Director, you will aim at maximizing the Welthungerhilfe impact based on Welthungerhilfe strategy and the relevant concept papers according to Welthungerhilfe quality standards.
- Coordination and implementation of projects and programmes according to Welthungerhilfe quality standards
- Managing the integration of all project ideas, project documents and concept papers into the respective information and management systems (ProMis and FundsPro)
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with local partners and principal donors, always with regard to their emerging priorities
- Ensuring partner relations are well maintained and executing donor mapping to identify future partners/donors
- Managing and coordinating concept and proposal development process with key internal stakeholders and relevant partners
- Assisting in updating capacity statements for key sectors (in collaboration with technical and communications team)
- Assisting in creating a clear and structured communication strategy to engage with corporate partners aligned with WHH Congo business development plan
- Working closely together with the logistics and finance Departments to ensure compliance of donor requirements
- Contributing to the development of the annual donor engagement plan
- A university or polytechnic degree in humanitarian/development studies, international management or an equivalent qualification related to the position
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant working and project management experience (regional experience would be a great asset)
- Sound experience in project design and proposal writing at a high level
- Experience in working with major donors (like USAID, DfID, EU, ECHO or BMZ)
- Several years of experience in grant acquisition and institutional donor relations
- Good knowledge of planning and survey methods (incl. M&E)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to cope in an intercultural working environment
- Very good analytical skills for evaluating the humanitarian and security-related situation
- Coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Excellent spoken and written English and French, German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by May 31, 2020. Your contact person is Barbara Kuersten.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.