Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international humanitarian non-governmental organization that promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems of refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Since 2014, DRC has been working in Ukraine with the goal of providing immediate support to internally displaced persons (IDPs) and the affected population in the east of the country. The head office of the DRC in Ukraine is located in Kiev, the program branches are in Mariupol, Slavyansk and Severodonetsk.
DRC Ukraine is looking for a Livelihoods Assistant for it's Base office based in Slovyansk.
This role has a base focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines at base level. The role contributes to the development of base strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
Overall purpose of the role
- Under supervision of Livelihoods Assistance Programme for Eastern Ukraine (LAP) Team Leader, implements the cash, micro-business and vocational education grants components of the project in Luhansk Oblast and the northern parts of Donetsk Oblast;
- Provides administrative or technical support within sector area;
- Assist the sector officer in ensuring quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of sector activities/ Sector responsibilities: Business training and SME development, business grants, life-skills training, literacy and numeracy training, vocational training, micro-credit loans, savings groups, group enterprise development and facilitation.
- Participate in identification process of the programme beneficiaries, communicate with beneficiaries on the supporting documentation related issues;
- Support information dissemination and outreach activities to ensure active participation of the beneficiaries in the programme;
- Undertake regular monitoring of the funded cash grants, business ideas and VET activities, provide ongoing support to the programme beneficiaries;
- Prepare and organize signing of Grant Agreements between DRC and Livelihoods Programme beneficiaries, prepare payment documents for the following procedure by DRC AFO;
- Follow-up and monitoring of the target use of the funds disbursed under the signed Grant Agreements;
- Organization of the Grant Agreements' and supporting documents' storage and filing system;
- Cooperate with UN agencies, INGO's and national NGO's and liaise with local authorities as necessary;
- Understand, and ensure the observance of the DRC Code of Conduct;
- Back-up other LAP Assistants when necessary and perform other tasks as requested by DRC management.
Administrative and technical support
- Carry out basic tasks within sector area (e.g. data collection)
- Carry out administrative tasks
- Follow given work plans and guidelines
Required experience and competencies
- Diploma or equivalent professional qualification, preferably Finance, Economics, Law or related areas
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience. Previous experience in finance sector, working with contracts, agreements, etc. is highly desirable
- Experience in administrative tasks
- Excellent IT skills: confident PC user, MS Office pack
- Experience with following standard procedures and guidelines
- Advanced English proficiency, fluency in local language: Ukrainian, Russian (equally important)
- Good knowledge of document management standards and regulations
- Attention to details, orderliness
- Good inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to organize prioritization and planning
- Capacity to manage stress and flexibility for long working hours
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC's core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC's values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- An interesting opportunity to work with the International Humanitarian Organization
- Fixed-Term Labour Contract
- Medical insurance
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council's Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Application deadline: June 7, 2020.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Read more here about what our employees say about working in DRC.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.