Duties and Responsibilities
- Full compliance of activities with IFAD rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Provision of inputs to IFAD’s business processes mapping and internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Provision of inputs to the plan;
- Organization and coordination human resources related activities including support on recruitment activities;
- Coordination of admin arrangements;
- Performing Travel Administrator, preparation of POs, travel and other administrative functions.
- Provide routine Administrative & logistical support to the all units/staff on all matters related to general office administration, transport, protocol/visas applications, duty free privileges & custom clearances for office goods and for staff personal effects.
- Management of up-to-date accounting system/records to ensure timely, accurate and reliable monthly financial reporting;
- Monitor expenditure levels under the approved Cost Plan/Quarterly Financial Authorizations and prepare monthly reconciliations with FAO/UNDP charges for all payments/expenditures.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Extraction of data from various sources;
- Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authorities, on space and other administrative matters
- Ensure that office inventory database is updated on regular basis and that both the financial and physical status of all office Non-Expendable Properties is regularly reported
- Maintenance of records on assets management;
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance;
- Training of staff on UN rules and regulations and related procedures;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported;
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Strong IT skills;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems;
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education is required.
- Certification in Administration, University Degree in Business or Public Administration is desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Up to 4 years of relevant professional experience in business, public administration, Human Resources, logistics, programme support service or other related area is required.
- Good knowledge on Administration/Operations is required. Experience working with the UN or other international organizations is desirable.
- Experience in using UN ERP system (Umoja) in the area of travel and procurement is highly desirable.
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Word, Excel/Spread sheets, the internet/Web) is required.
- Fluency in English language and national language of the duty station.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.