National Gender Specialist
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Myanmar Department of Fisheries of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation (MoALI) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) are implementing the project “FishAdapt\: Strengthening the adaptive capacity and resilience of fisheries and aquaculture-dependent livelihoods in Myanmar “with funding from the least Developed Countries Fund (LDCF) of the Global Environment Facility (GEF).
Under the overall managerial and administrative leadership of the FAO Representative (FAOR) in Myanmar/Budget holder and the technical guidance/supervision of the project Chief Technical Adviser (CTA), in collaboration with the FishAdapt National Project Coordinator and in coordination with the National Project Director (NPD).
The project aims to assist government to enable inland and costal fishery and aquaculture stakeholders to adapt to climate change by understanding and reducing vulnerabilities, piloting new practices and technologies, and sharing information. Key areas of focus for the project include the strengthening of national, regional and local regulatory frameworks and adaptive capacities, the ecosystem approach to fisheries and aquaculture, fisheries adaptive co-management measures, integrated mangrove-fisheries and aquaculture systems, climate–resilient practices and techniques along the fisheries and aquaculture supply chains, and critical issues related to land and resource tenure affecting adaptive capacities. The project has 4 interrelated components\: Legal Frameworks and Policy (Component 1), Inland and Coastal Fisheries (Component 2), Aquaculture (Component 3), and Knowledge Management (Component 4).
Tasks and responsibilities\:
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Additional Selection Criteria
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact\: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/