Project Support Consultant
UNDP is the UN's global development network advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. UNDP’s vision is to support countries in achieving the simultaneous eradication of poverty and significant reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Under the overall guidance of the Team Leader/Programme Specialist, Programme Associate and supervision of Project Managers as relevant of the Democratic Governance and Social Advocacy (DGSA) of UNDP Thailand, the Project Support Consultant will be responsible for providing strategic project implementation and administration support to on-going projects under the DGSA portfolio. He/she will be responsible to assist the Project Manager and/or Programme Associate in the strategic time bound, quantifiable and predefined deliverables as part of the complete project implementation. This will also ensure the overall administration, financial and human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services, ICT aspects of the project are inline and is consistent with UNDP rules and regulations. Under the direct guidance of the PM, PA and or other team member, the consultant will also undertake demand driven and time sensitive tasks which are directly supportive of the overall objectives of the project deliverables as per the annual workplan.
The Project Support Consultant will be based in the UNDP Thailand Office and will work closely with the Programme, Operations, Communications and other project teams in UNDP Thailand, and UNDP Bangkok Regional Hub for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is also expected to provide advisory services ensuring full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Support Consultant will work with project teams to provide support in implementing various project activities in Thailand. The scope of work includes deliverables directly linked to payments and will also include the following: all financial approvals and or approvals linked to award of contracts are excluded from this scope of work.
- Assisting in the coordination and organization of workshops/meetings/events according to UNDP workflows (including travel arrangement / DSA preparation etc.);
- Providing support for the procurement of the goods and services as well as Individual Contracts in line with UNDP’s rules and regulations;
- Providing non-fiduciary support of project-related payments and alerting team that all payments are proceeded in a timely manner in line with UNDP’s financial rules and regulations;
- Preparing documentation support of requisitions before submitted in the system for development projects and maintaining record of goods delivery;
- Assisting in the logistical arrangements for the missions of the project team, consultants and any other relevant actors;
- Participating in workshops/meetings and preparing relevant minutes, when needed;
- Translating project-related documents, when needed;
- Providing administrative and procurement support to the Democratic Governance and Social Advocacy (DGSA) Unit, UNDP Thailand Office; and
- Providing other related organizational and logistical support, as required.
The consultant will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Completion of workshops/meetings/events according to project workplans;
- Completion of procurement of goods and services including Individual Contracts, according to project procurement plans;
- Completion of payments in a timely manner to ensure project delivery meet target according to project workplan; and
- Completion of logistical arrangements for the project team, according to travel and project workplan.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database packages and web browsers;
- Knowledge of UNDP ATLAS financial system would be an advantage;
- Good organization, administrative and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and able to coordinate well with UNDP partner agencies;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team; and
- Strong motivation and ability to work and deliver under pressure and short deadlines.
Instututional Arrangements: Under the overall guidance of the Team Leader/Programme Specialist and Programme Associate - Democratic Governance and Social Advocacy of UNDP Thailand, the consultant will report directly to and work closely with the Project Manager as assigned and be an office based assignment located at the UNDP premises located at United Nations Service Building, Rajdamnern Nok Avenue, Bangkok, 10200, Thailand.?
Duration of the Work: 15 June – 15 November 2020, with a maximum of 100 working days.
Required Skills and Experience
- Thai nationals are encourage to apply for this position. with bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or a related field.
Years of experience:
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative or office support functions in an organization;
- Familiar with government institutions and coordination mechanism;
- Experience in organizing events including workshops/meetings involving international participants; and
- Familiarity of UNDP system, rules and procedures is an advantage.
- Excellent command of English and Thai, both spoken and written.
Required Documents: Interested individuals must submit the following documents /information to demonstrate their qualification, experience and suitability to undertake the assignment. All supporting documents (a-c) must be part of the detailed CV and uploaded as one document:
- (a) Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability using the template provided;
- (b) Personal CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details email and telephone number of the candidate and at least three (3) professional references; and
- (c) Financial Proposal that indicates the all-inclusive maximum service rate supported by a breakdown of costs (daily rate x 100 working days in Thai Baht), as per template provided.
Incomplete proposals may not be considered. The short-listed candidates may be contacted, and the successful candidate will be notified.
To download forms and related documents, please visit the link below:https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=66050
Criteria for Selection of the Best Offer:
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the Cumulative analysis.
The award of the contract shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as
- responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- having received the highest score out of set of weighted technical criteria (70%) and financial criteria (30%).
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70% of the total technical points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Technical Criteria for Evaluation (Maximum 70 points)
Criteria 1: Relevance of Education – Max 10 points
Criteria 2: A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in administrative or office support functions in an organization – Max 25 points
Criteria 3: Familiar and understand government institutions and coordination mechanism – Max 10 points
Criteria 4: Experience in organizing events including workshops/meetings involving local and international participants – Max 25 points
Daily (based on time sheet)
Each payment shall be made within two weeks after the receipt of approved timesheet.
Consultant shall quote an all-inclusive Daily Fee for the contract period. The term “all-inclusive” implies that all costs (professional fees, communications, consumables, etc.) that could be incurred by the IC in completing the assignment are already factored into the daily fee submitted in the proposal. If applicable, travel or daily allowance cost (if any work is to be done outside the IC’s duty station) should be identified separately. Payments shall be done on a monthly basis based on actual days worked, upon verification of completion of deliverables and approval by the IC’s supervisor of a Time Sheet indicating the days worked in the period
In general, UNDP shall not accept travel costs exceeding those of an economy class ticket. Should the IC wish to travel on a higher class he/she should do so using their own resources
In the event of unforeseeable travel not anticipated in this TOR, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between the respective business unit and the Individual Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed.
Travel costs shall be reimbursed at actual but not exceeding the quotation from UNDP approved travel agent.