· Provide exceptional support to the Regional and Research Program Director in developing annual work plans and monitoring their execution against the project baseline, including activities, deliverables, schedule, and associated costs, and ensure achievement.
· Initiate and participate in developing, implementing and evaluating operational management plans, budgets and business process improvement programs aimed at improving efficiency and effectiveness.
· Support and coordinate resource mobilization efforts, including timely submission of proposals where ESA scientists are involved.
· Prepare technical and financial reports in consultation with project principal investigators and project team members for timely reporting to Management and donors.
· Ensure effective communication and collaboration between scientific and administrative units.
· Prepare necessary documentation and execute project sub-agreements, memoranda of understanding, consultancies, ensuring full compliance to established institutional policies and processes, monitor their implementation, and ensure smooth closure of contracts.
· Contribute towards management of stakeholder expectations; tracking and monitoring of project deliverables, including monitoring of the project variables (cost, effort, scope, etc.) against the project work plans.
· Coordinate arrangements for visiting scientists, interns, and students.
· Develop and implement effective and efficient tools for project tracking to monitor and report on all activities.
· Coordinate day-to-day management of a fast-paced research environment.
· Make logistical arrangements for research conferences, workshops and seminars.
· Follow through with partners and relevant sections (especially field stations and scientists on implementation of agreed agenda), handle external enquiries for information and internal questions and queries.
· Carry out any other duties to reinforce effective and efficient project administration.
· Attend periodic internal meetings and represent ICRISAT as appropriately delegated, at external meetings.
· Analyse reports, draw conclusions and make presentations that will result in effective decision-making.
· Identify and act to mitigate potential risks within own work area.
· MSc in Agronomy or Plant Breeding with experience or training in Program/Project management or;
· Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science and master’s degree in related Sciences or Business Administration.
· Up to five (5) years' work experience in program management.
· Strong program management ability and interpersonal skills.
· Statistical skills and knowledge of computer applications.
· Fluency in spoken and written English.