Emergency coordinator and Strategic planner
Minimum age: 35 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the RC or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Strategic planner and emergency coordinator will:
- Lead the coordination of UN response to the COVID-19 and emergency preparedness and response;
- Provide UN agencies with high technical support and quality assure for designing and monitoring emergency preparedness plans and response;
- Support UN Agencies in planning, designing, monitoring and reporting on regular strategies and programmes;
- Oversee and conduct quality assurance review and monitoring and reporting on joint UN proposals related to emergency preparedness and response;
- Prepare brief policies, reports and follow up on recommendations/decisions made during UNCT meetings and/or with officials;
- Support RCO to promote synergies between the fields of humanitarian aid, development and peace, according to the needs of the national context;
- Support RCO with the collaboration of UNCT in coordinating crisis responses and preparedness;
- Any other task requested by the RC.
- An advanced university degree (i.e. Master's degree or equivalent) in Emergency Management, , Social Sciences or other relevant field is required; a first-level university degree (i.e. Bachelor's degree or equivalent) in one of the afore-mentioned academic disciplines in combination with qualifying relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience at the national and/or international level in strategic planning, development policies, program management, crisis management, or other relevant programmes; experience with UN is an asset;
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 11 June 2020