Scope of work: The Medical Doctor will be responsible for frontline health response and implementation of fever corner (Fever Management Unit) with primary health care services in identified IDP camps through Mobile Team of IRC’s Humanitarian Health Response Program. The Medical Doctor needs to build capacity of Mobile Team Members and participate in surveillance of communicable diseases in coordination with Basic Health Staffs of MOHS, respective local authorities and CSO/CBO for strengthening of immunization and communicable diseases prevention and controlling in IDP camps area and conflicted affected communities. The Medical Doctor directly reports to project manager and this position is based in Sittwe, Rakhine State with approximately 85% of time required for travel inside identified IDP camps and/ or isolated villages from Sittwe & Rathedaung Townships.
Implementation of clinical care for fever patients during mobile clinic activities
- Prepare monthly work-plan of mobile team to cover targeted IDP camps regularly
- Establishes clinical care and fever management of general population, women and under 5 children according to MOHS and IRC protocols
- Manage organizing of referral of COVID-19 suspected cases to Local District/ Township Hospital and other available secondary and tertiary referral health facilities in area and able to provide medical treatment of SARI if needed.
- Able to escort the patient to hospital or government health facility if required.
- Provide MHPSS counselling, IYCF counselling as needed
- Coordinate with respective township health department, local authorities and CSO/ CBO regarding fever surveillance related to current disease outbreak.
- Give technical support to mobile clinic nurses, clinic health care workers and cleaners regarding infection prevention and control and waste management measures in collaboration with clinic team supervisor.
- Coordinate with Midwives to support NID activities and monthly outreach activities of Midwives, including immunization, vitamin and mineral supplementation as needed
- Represent as focal/ team leader of IRC mobile team (Fever Management Unit) to local authorities and community
Implementation of tele medication in targeted population
- Establish follow up plan through tele medication and provide health education after managing the fever patient in clinic (fever corner).
- Follow up the patients via phone after 3-5 days of consultation.
- Provide capacity building to health care workers regarding tele medication.
Capacity building of mobile team members, local partner medical staffs and local community
- Supervise mobile team members in their day-to-day activities and provide feedback to ensure quality work
- Organize training sessions to mobile team members on first aid care, systematic drugs use, infection prevention and control measures and other clinic related topic in collaboration with clinic team supervisor and nurse supervisor.
- Strong mentorship and on-the-job coaching to local partner’s local medical staff, as well as government health officials that provides health services in IDP camps especially upon surveillance and outbreak response.
- Support and provide on-the-job training to PHC mobile team members as needed
- Provide capacity building to CSO/CBO regarding IPC measures as needed
Monitoring and evaluation
- Organize data entry and analysis of fever cases in biweekly basis and provide to M&E officer and project manager
- Organize stock management data entry and analysis of fever management unit
- Assist project manager to prepare IRC Global Minimum Health Indicators Report, Monthly Data Reports, etc.
- Supervise the nurse(s) on preparation of weekly and monthly EWARS reports and submit EWARS reports to respective township health department.
- Provide regular, on time and quality monthly narrative report to Project Manager
- Assist project manager on preparation of donor, IRC in-country and HQ report as needed
- Assist project manager on preparation of disease surveillance and response activities report as needed
- Coordinate with program support teams to implement project activities in time
- Provide procurement documents in advance as needed
- In collaboration with other members of the health project team, participate in the design and implementation of formative assessments and baseline studies in order to identify health priorities and practices among the IDP and community
- Remain flexible to perform other duties as required or requested