Programme Officer – Innovation
Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
Minimum age: 35 years old. Applicants must nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
- Support Innovation strategic platform formulation processes in Tanzania
- Support the Technical specialist in facilitation related to establishment and strengthening of the strategic innovation Platform.
- Support the Coordination preparations of meetings and other high-level engagements by the secretariat.
- Pro-actively Participate in activities related to Tanzania ecosystem engagement.
- Support Local and International consultants navigating the Tanzania innovation ecosystem during programme formulation
- Support facility activities related to the UNDP accelerator lab programme.
- Support and participate in the designing of all related communication products/materials and different stages of establishment.
- Support activities related to the establishment of the Association of hubs as initiated by the Human Development and Innovation Fund.
Perform other duties as instructedQualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
Master’s degree in a relevant field, preferably in the area of Economics, Law, Finance, Social Sciences, International Trade/Relations, or related international development fieldsRequired experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in development programming especially in Innovative Financing
- Proven managerial experience (min 5 years)
- Highest strategic thinking and creative thinking skills
- Strong networks in the Tanzanian innovation ecosystem
- Has highest-level communication skills, including engaging and informative public speaking.
- Has highest people skills, and able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong writing skills, with strong preference for knowledge and experience in writing for private sector audiences.
- Sound experience in proposal writing
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to understand and use web-based applications and platforms
- Good familiarity with basic computer programmes
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Analyzes complex technical materials (including data) and makes concise, relevant recommendations;
- Contributes reliable production of knowledge services and transactions;
- Adapts deliverables to meet client needs;
- Interprets policy within context and applies with judgment;
- Anticipates obstacles and applies practical solutions.
- Agile, tech savvy and passionate about Science, technology and innovation
- Learns to relate constructive knowledge to others;
- Presents coherent analysis;
- Represents self and work with appropriate professional standards; eager to voice new ideas;
- Respects difference of opinion;
- Gains trust of peers, partners, clients;
Presents complex, conceptual ideas in practical terms to others.Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 19-06-2020