M & E Manager
Scope of work: The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager is responsible in charge of technical oversight of the Monitoring and evaluation of program, including operational research, program impact assessment, M&E capacity building and program reporting in respective and assigned townships. He/ She plays a key role in direct supervision and capacity building of specific M&E staffs, monitoring and evaluation of program quality and services in close collaboration with Clinic Manager (ER). He/ She works closely with Clinic Manager (ER) as key technical liaison with MOH and other stakeholder representatives from Township to State levels for quality control of program. He/ She work under supervision of Program Coordinator of Rakhine with technical guidance of Senior M&E Manager in the quality control of the IRC Myanmar’s ER programs in Rakhine.
Under the overall guidance of the Program Coordinator, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager will:
- Set up and manage M&E framework of the Rakhine Emergency Health Response Program;
- Monitor implementation, maintain and analyze data and produce information on project impact and progress;
- Technical oversight and capacity building
Set up and manage M&E framework of the Rakhine ER Program:
- In coordination with all technical coordinators and managers, review the Rakhine Emergency Response program framework and identify data collection requirements and methods for establishing a baseline for each output, outcome and impact indicator in the log frame in adjusting with Emergency Response data management.
- Undertake baseline data collection and oversee the initial data collection for establishing program baselines in coordination with IRC and partners field teams.
- Develop a list of data to be collected in the course of program implementation for reporting progress towards Outcomes and Outputs, data collection methodologies and data quality control tools including a data collection sheet, timing and frequency of data collection, and responsible agencies.
- Revise and re adjust the Rakhine Emergency Response program M&E framework as needed in coordination with partners’ M&E focals and Township Health Departments.
- Build and maintain rapport with Township Health department, Partners NGOs and other stakeholder organizations to facilitate data collection on the ground.
- In coordination with all technical coordinators and managers, set up a database system relevant to Rakhine Emergency Response programs.
- Responsible in the development of detailed ER program log frames, work plans, monitoring tools to ensure high quality program implementation throughout the project cycle and ensure the program is achieving expected outputs and that activities are relevant for the specific and assigned townships.
Monitor implementation, maintain and analyze data and produce information on project impact and progress:
- Design methodology for and administer process of relevant data flow mechanism in close collaboration with partner NGO’s M&E focals.
- Oversight process of data flow mechanism and routinely visit the project sites and monitor implementation of data flow mechanism.
- In coordination with partner NGO’s M&E focals, monitor the management of program database and project data quality control processes.
- Ensure project database is safely stored and backed up in collaboration with partner NGO’s M&E focals.
- Produced regular (quarterly) program inputs, outputs and outcome progress reports in adjusting with ER Log frame Emergency response program.
- Assist relevant technical Coordinators and Managers of ER project and ER Rakhine for preparing of program progress reports, log frame and program monitoring feedback reports.
- Ensure technical collaboration with M&E sectors, IPs, State and Township Health Department M&E focals and ER M&E responsible persons.
- Organize and manage the project impact assessment survey, baseline survey, operational research and field testing of M&E tools and systems as needed.
- Ensure systematic data collection along the project implementation, including specific donor reporting Identify any shortcoming along the project cycle and inform relevant IRC senior staffs for timely decision making for the specific and assigned townships.
Technical oversight and capacity building
- Supervise and provide technical support on ER program staff on implementing data flow mechanism, application of ER database, and project data quality control tools.
- Provide technical quality assurance on partnership organization for implementing project data flow mechanism, application of ER database, and data quality control tools.
- Assist the Program coordinator for the overall technical oversight and quality control of whole ER program in Rakhine State.
- Organize the capacity building plan and actions for ER program staffs as needed.
- Technical oversight and manage the M&E officers and M&E team of program.
- Assist the Program coordinator for donor reporting in accordance with standardize M&E template and ensure all M&E reports are produced with highest quality in a timely manner.
- Assist Program Coordinator on integration of ER and ER database to country health program database system, Country program database and IRC global health database system.