Cash for Protection Officer - Bekaa
The CASH for protection Officer reports to the CASH for protection Senior Officer. He/She will be responsible for assessing referred cases according to eligibility criteria for Emergency Cash and conduct monitoring and follow up of assisted cases.
Major Responsibilities: Major responsibilities of the CASH for Protection Officer are listed below:
- Act as Bekaa focal point for receiving referrals of individuals and families identified by front liners who have experienced a protection risks and are eligible for Emergency Cash assistance.
- Conduct household visit/Remote phone calls to assess the needs of referred individuals and families, assess their eligibility for emergency cash assistance.
- Ensure complete and updated documentation related to each individual case.
- Discuss cases’ eligibility with Protection and Cash Senior Officer.
- Manage, file and store data, ensuring confidentiality of information collected/services provided.
- Assure efficient communication and coordination with IRC different sectors field teams in the Bekaa.
- Participate in weekly meetings, and prepare and submit Bekaa weekly and monthly work plans in a timely manner to Protection and Cash Senior Officer.
- Conduct short term outcomes of assisted cases on time.
- When required by the Protection and Cash Senior officer, attend cash coordination meetings in Bekaa.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an up-to-date service mapping of the service providers operating in the area and take proactive steps to remain informed about the available services.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:Cash for Protection Senior Officer
In direct reporting: Protection Livelihoods Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:Snr Protection Manager in Bekaa, IRC Cash Teams in Bekaa, North and BML, Bekaa referral officer, Bekaa protection monitors, Bekaa Case management team, UNHCR and ECA partners, and other IRC sectors in Bekaa – WPE, CP and Education focal points.