Medical Logistics Assistant
Reporting to Transport Manager, the Medical Logistics Assistant is responsible for ensuring the overall care and maintenance of the Kampala stored and any rented pharma warehouse. Medical Logistics Assistant must be able to rapidly turn Program materials around, whilst ensuring the security of the materials and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand, implement and/or maintain standard IRC pharmaceutical inventory management policies and procedures.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of medical items through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Advise supervisor of potential inventory shortage.
- Manage casual laborers in the warehouse.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment.
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
- Implement and ensure clear loading/unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Advise the Transport Manager of warehouse-specific issues or improvements
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
- Ensure proper storage and distribution of medicines and proper supplies as per distribution plan.
- Ensure reconciliation of orders placed, orders received and items distributed to the field sites, share procurement documents with field team for items purchased centrally.
- Ensure proper documentation of waybills, store releases and other documentation.
- Receive and verify medicines and medical supplies with/ under technical guidance of Pharmacist.
- Provide regular updates on medically related procurements.
- Provide training to program, finance and Operations on the storage and release of warehouse items including pharma and non-Pharma.
- Create a report on availability of storage space for procured or ordered items and advice requestors on duration of storage.
Warehousing and Inventory
- Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Coordinator to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the stock record cards regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Supply Chain Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Maintain full and accurate inventory records.
- Undertake (documented) monthly and ad-hoc physical inventory checks.
- Conduct documented quarterly job performance reviews of Warehouse staff, providing appropriate feedback.
- Provide on-time, standard monthly reports to the supervisor.