Parent and Community Engagement Manager
USAID’s “Quality Instruction towards Access and Basic Education Improvement” (QITABI 2) is a five-year program seeking to improve learning outcomes for all students in public primary schools in Lebanon awarded to Word Learning. The International Rescue Committee (IRC) will lead the social and emotional learning (SEL) component of the program. The Parent and Community Engagement Manager will be responsible for developing materials for and strategies to connect parents and the community to the QITABI 2 program, working in close collaboration with the consortium lead, government stakeholders, and other partners. He/she will provide overall technical support to parent and community material development and engagement related to SEL within QITABI 2, including the development of materials for implementation parent learning circles and multimedia materials to support parent and community engagement and value of social and emotional learning, while ensuring alignment with overall consortium objectives.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Parent Content Development and Implementation
- Conduct desk research to inform the development, assessment and monitoring of parent-facing activities.
- Development of parent-facing content for use with parents and corresponding training materials
- Development of content to improve parent-child relationship and home environment and to reinforce social and emotional learning in the home
- Work with IRC Technical Unit to contextualize and adapt global and country-specific materials, including content developed under other ongoing SEL and ECE programs.
- Review and share program-specific tools / resources / curricula
- Support the development of parent and public awareness videos
- Refine parent learning circle materials based on learning from tracking and monitoring the use of developed materials
- Work with consortium colleagues to use data to inform periodic review and course correction
Multimedia Awareness Campaign
- Development of a strategy and plan for a multimedia awareness campaign on the importance of social and emotional learning in child development.
- Manage consultants to develop video, radio, and other multimedia content to reinforce consortium and
- Collaborate with IRC behavioral insights lead and technical specialists to adapt leverage existing multimedia content
- Work closely with QITABI 2 and government partners to launch a community awareness campaign on the value of social and emotional learning
Capacity-Building and Coordination
- Proactively collaborate with QITABI 2 lead World Learning, government stakeholders, and other partners to ensure SEL integration in parent learning circle and other community and parent-facing materials.
- Develop materials to build capacity related to caregiver engagement in SEL within the consortium and government.
- Support the training of partners and government stakeholders on caregiver and community SEL
- Support teams with implementation of parent and community materials
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: IRC SEL Senior Manager
Position directly supervises: Junior staff and consultants as required.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Regular communication with QITABI 2 team, other consortium members, IRC Lebanon team, Ahlan Simsim IRC team, and IRC global technical advisors
External: Support SEL lead in consortium-related meetings, collaborate with and train government stakeholders and partners as needed.