Field Coordinator - Kiryandongo
The Field Coordinator Kiryandongo leads IRC’s response in Kiryandongo and is responsible for supporting and coordinating timely and high-quality program implementation, with a specific focus in ensuring effective functionality of all the support functions of the program. The Field Coordinator supports the operational teams in the field site, ensuring that the Deputy Director of Operations is kept abreast of issues regarding adherence to agreed work plans and reporting schedules as well as full compliance to IRC’s policies in the areas of Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Security and ICT. The Field Coordinator provides administrative oversight over all program staff, ensuring that Technical Coordinators and the Deputy Director of Programs is kept abreast of issues pertaining to day to day program implementation and client responsiveness. The Field Coordinator will ensure that IRC Kiryandongo is effectively represented in all coordination events, as well as oversee day to day management of Staff Safety and Security during all phases of field operations. The Field Coordinator works in close coordination with the Deputy Director of Operations, Deputy Director of Programs and the Emergency Response Team. The Field Coordinator reports directly to the Deputy Director of Operations and will be responsible for the following;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate and develop an Annual strategic plan for the Field Location.
- Develop Kiryandongo and surrounding districts of operation focused operational plan to support the program activities and scale up programming.
- Coordinate the day-to-day implementation of all constructions and installations in the field site, by providing constructive support to the Supply Chain, to maintain quality and adherence to OPM and district standards.
- In close collaboration with the Program Managers, Sector Leads and Finance Officer, review the operations master budget, to include key operational activities and assets within donor requirements.
- Review the development of budgets for program proposals in conjunction with the grants and finance departments.
- Review appropriate M&E activities carried out regularly by programs and operations staff in all sectors (data collection & analysis, monitoring of progress against established work plans and BoQs), maintaining quality.
- In close collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator, initiate the process of identifying gaps in M&E systems and make recommendations for improvements.
- Monitor that all project activities are consistent with established best practices and IRC’s Program Framework principles.
- Monitor all staff in the field site to know and understand IRCs Global and in-country HR Policies and the IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct.
- Initiate, document and address breaches of policy and disciplinary issues in coordination with the HR Coordinator in a professional manner and in line with the letter and spirit of the relevant policy.
- Supervise all staff at the field sites in performing their duties efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Monitor the achievement of staff Performance Management agreements.
Program Administration and Support
- Oversee day-to-day implementation of all programs in the field site, providing constructive supervision to the program managers to implement, monitor, and evaluate work plans as agreed with the Deputy Director of Programs and Technical Coordinators.
- Oversee spending and targets set in project tools, including work plans, spending plans, and procurement plans, ensuring collaboration and coordination with Finance, Supply Chain, Human Resources and IT departments.
- Chair the monthly Budget versus Actuals (BvA) meetings at field level with the field Finance Lead, and in collaboration with sector Technical Coordinators to address any over/under expenditure issues through jointly developed corrective plans.
- Support integration across programs, facilitating regular coordination meetings and promoting active collaboration across sectors.
- Work closely with program managers to implement IRC’s client responsiveness initiative. Act as the focal person at field site for managing IRC’s client feedback register.
- Actively participate in grant and Exemplar meetings, sharing support needs with the operations and program teams in Kampala.
- In close collaboration with Technical Coordinators, support the field-based team in proposal development efforts, including assessments, program design, and budgeting. Providing review for both Program and Operations inputs.
- Ensure key support needs for the field site are budgeted in new proposals, and contribute to and review budgets to ensure that they are reasonable and sufficient to cover operational needs of the field office.
Safety and Security Management
- Monitor all staff in the field sites to know and understand IRC‘s security regulations.
- Document and address breaches of policy and disciplinary issues in coordination with the DDO.
- Monitor the security situation, attend security meetings and inform the DDO and SMT where appropriate, of developments through submission of accurate weekly and –where needed- ad-hoc security and incident reports.
- Participate in the review and update of the country Security Management Plan.
- Assist the DDO in developing field specific Contingency Plans, Medevac, Evacuation Plans and SOPs.
Representation and Coordination
- Represent the IRC with local government authorities (administrative, sectoral and security officials), non-state actors, beneficiaries, communities, UN agencies, NGOs, and donors at the field site level. Engage and or delegate to program staff for sector representation as appropriate.
- Upon request by the Senior Management Team, organize and facilitate field visits for stakeholders interested in IRC’s response.
- Coordinate field activities with relevant officials and other humanitarian agencies.
- Develop regular reports to keep partners and stakeholders informed of IRC’s activities.
Key Working Relationships
Position reports to:Deputy Director of Operations
Position directly supervises:Program Managers (Management in Partnership with PRoL and Health Technical Coordinators), Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Officer, HR Officer, IT Office, Finance Officer.