Internship Call for Application - Technical Assistance for Direction Office - UNESCO Perú
Grade : N/A
Parent Sector : Priority Africa and External Relations Sector (PAX)
Duty Station: Lima
Job Family: Programme Coordination
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 23-JUN-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Peru has been a member state of UNESCO since 1946. UNESCO, whose representation in the country was established in 1995, works together with the Peruvian State, providing technical assistance to various sectors, with the aim of contributing to the realization of its objectives.
Peru is considered an upper middle income country, due to the high and sustained economic growth achieved during the last 10 years. However, while in the 2001-2007 period the GDP per capita rose by 30.8 percent, poverty decreased by only 10.5 points, maintaining inequality and social exclusion.
Different economic and social indicators indicate the existence of important gaps and rank the country among the most inequitable in Latin America (in 2007, the ratio between the highest and lowest spending deciles was 15.8 times), which is, in turn, the region most unequal in the world. These indicators show important challenges for the country.
The UNESCO Lima Office has a staff of almost 40 people to which are added consultants and volunteer collaborators. Together they contribute day by day to the consolidation of peace, the eradication of poverty, sustainable development and information in Peru.
The UNESCO Lima Office requires a professional intern to assist in the Representation area, contributing to the monitoring the Office´s main projects and activities. The intern will work closely with the Head of the Office and the Technical Coordinator of the Representation.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support in political dialogue with the government and other strategic partners in promoting the themes and areas in which UNESCO has a specific mandate in the United Nations.
• Support in the monitoring of the Office´s projects, in the Education, Culture, Sciences and Communicacion and Information Sector.
• Support for the formulation, planning, design and implementation of UNESCO's budgetary and extra budgetary projects, contributing to the fundraising strategy.
• Contribution to the Public Information and Image area.
• Preparation of materials and documents for specific meetings the Head of the Office might require.
• Contribution in the coordinations and communications between UNESCO Peru, the United Nations in Peru and the UNESCO Headquarters in Paris, France
• Carry out occasional translations English – Spanish /Spanish – English
• Other related functions and responsibilities
1. Acquire knowledge of UNESCO's functioning at the national and global levels
2. Acquire professional work experience, through the approaches of Human Rights, Intercultural and Gender Equality.
3. Strengthen analytical, communicational and interpersonal skills.
4. Improve teamwork skills with culturally diverse groups
• Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences, Education, Psychology, Humanities, or related careers.
• Post graduate studies in related areas.
• Two year experience or more in their respective profession in public or private institutions.
• Two year experience or more in social programs/projects.
• Spanish (advance level: Reading, writing, speaking)
• English (advance level: Reading, writing, speaking)
• Knowledge of French will be considered an asset.
The internship will last 6 months.EVALUATION
The evaluation of qualified candidates may include interviews and competition exercises.CONDITIONS
• UNESCO is not responsible for the procedures and expenses of VISA, work license (if apply), vaccines, among others.
• The travel and stay expenses in the destination country will be assumed by the applicant.
• Applicants must have current international medical insurance.
• Proof of health insurance coverage from a valid major global medical insurance company for the duration of the internship.
• Provide a medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship.
• Have a good track record, demonstrated by recent certificates or official records from their university institution.
According to the organization's policies, UNESCO does not remunerate interns. There is no compensation, financial or otherwise for internship assignments.ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
Professionals interested in participating in the call must:
1. Download and complete the Employment History Form here.
2. Attach in a single PDF document: a) Personal CV, b) History Form, d) recent certificates or official records from their university institution.
Only people who pass the first evaluation phase will be contacted.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.