Chief, Resource Mobilization Section (P-5)
The position entails ...
- Leads the design, development and implementation of the UNDRR Resource Mobilization Strategy and related plans of action; ensures ongoing analysis of resource mobilization needs and opportunities; stays abreast of latest donor and funding trends, actively engages with peers to solicit best practices in fundraising and resource mobilization and adapting modalities for replication to UNDRR as applicable; adapts the Strategy, as may be required, and monitors and reports results against the strategy.
- Coordinates and facilitates resource mobilization across UNDRR; manages donor relationships together with concerned officers/staff and ensures coordinated regular contact with donor; facilitates the promotion of cooperation agreement strategies and operational alliances with donors. Coordinates the organization of the UNDRR Donor Meetings and acts as resource person for UNDRR Support Group Meetings.
- Coordinates, oversees, and provides guidance and quality control for the preparation of funding proposals to donors; ensures effective follow-up and reporting to the donors, as required.
- Contributes to, and collaborates closely in the development of UNDRR Strategic Framework and biennial work programme, under the overall coordination of the Resource Planning and Management Section, and is responsible for the coordination and production of UNDRR Annual Report.
- Effectively plans and manages the work undertaken by the Resource Mobilization Section; ensures that activities are carried out in a timely fashion, with good internal coordination within the section. Manages, guides, develops and trains staff under his/ her supervision; fosters teamwork and communication among staff in the Section, within UNDRR and across organizational boundaries.
UNDRR is looking for candidates with...
More details can be found on the UN career website. All applications should be submitted through the UN career website.