Bamako, Gao (MLI)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Regional Supply Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Accountable for United Nations Owned Equipment (UNOE) and all items in stock and in use;
- Process the check procedures for staff upon Check-In and Check-Out (CICO) request;
- Supervise the receiving, inspection and issuance of Supply items; Prepare and submit Cargo Movement Requests (CMRs) to MOVCON for transfers of materials from one location to another; Prepare cargo in line with convoy schedules.
- Review approved requests for all commodities, and issue them in accordance with approved quantities, appropriate scales of issue, mission priorities and stock availability; All transfers and issues of items are done through UMOJA – the organization uses an ERP called UMOJA for the management of its inventory.
- Supervise the receipt/deliveries of all stock from/to sectors and the accuracy of the delivery against database; Participate in Receipt and Inspection of items delivered by vendors.
- Participate in preparation of Statement of Requirements (SOR), Statement of Works (SOW) and in Technical Evaluation of bids.
- Maintain inventory accuracy for stock on hand through the assigned Storekeeper; Coordinate with Regional Technical Units (Engineering, Transport, and CITTS) representative and the Regional Administration Officers (RAOs) on materials requirements for new, ongoing and planned projects and activities.
- Coordinate the conduct of cycle counts, bring any noted discrepancies to the attention of the Supervisor;
- Establish and maintain appropriate warehouse facilities for commodities, control all items subject to storage expiration and assist operating a commodity disposal system in accordance with UN regulations; Ensure safe working environment in the warehouses.
- Collect and collate, on a monthly basis, all documentations (e.g. delivery slips, R&I reports, invoices, CMRs, etc.) for onward submission to the MINUSMA Headquarters in Bamako for further processing; prepare monthly reports as required;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Coordination and management tasks
- When working with (including supervising) national staff or (non-)governmental counterparts, the incumbent should set aside dedicated time for training, coaching, mentoring and capacity development.
High school diploma or equivalent; certification/diploma or other supplemental academic qualifications in logistics would be an asset.Required experience: 48 Months Experience remark:
- Minimum four years previous experience in supply or material management;
- Minimum one year experience in the use of an ERP for management of inventory (e.g. SAP) is required.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Working computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Project Management, Power Point, etc.) and other IT applications and office technology equipment. Ability to generate ad hoc electronic documents, spreadsheets, and databases.
Basic to fair knowledge of French is required.Driving license: Yes Competencies values:
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 28 June 2020