Receiving & Inspection Assistant
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
The work of this UNV position entails virtual/physical verification/certification of all goods received on behalf of MINUSMA done by the R&I Unit. This includes mostly UNOE property, plant and equipment, as well as inventories type of items, but also may include others like fuel, lubricants, construction materials, commodities, etc. purchased by the United Nations or transferred from other Missions on behalf of MINUSMA. In addition, may include also conducting Board of Surveys for UN assets that have been raised for write-off.
Within the terms of the Organization’s delegated authority and under the supervision of the Chief of the Receiving & Inspection Unit of Minusma (R&I) in Bamako, Mali, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks as requested:
- Ensure that items received for cases assigned are in accordance with terms and conditions specified in the relevant Purchase Order (PO), Letter of Assistance (LOA) or Contract i.e. quantity, type, specifications, etc.;
- Actively participate in the R&I procedures throughout the entire mission area for the delivery of rations and other assets as required;
- Prepare reports for all R&I cases assigned following the established procedures of the unit including preparation of Physical Verifications Vouchers (PVVs), Physical/Virtual Goods Receipts (GRs), or any other;
- Accurately input of all the related information of each assigned case into the UMOJA ECC property management software module used by MINUSMA and provision of information for any other related process or system used by the Mission as required;
- Interact with R&I unit staff as well as with Procurement, Self-Accounting Unit (SAU), Property Control Unit (PCIU) if any, representing the best interest of the R&I unit in the best possible way;
- Serialize and label all assets as required and in accordance with the Item Master Catalogue (IMC) and UMOJA system;
- Ensure close coordination with Self Accounting Units, Procurement Section, and Centralized acquisition regarding new deliveries, storage, technical inspections and physical checks;
- Submit periodic reports (i.e. weekly, monthly, etc.) reports to the Chief of the R&I Unit as requested. This may include also trip reports when on temporary duty assignment to regions (TDY) to perform work;
- Perform of any other related tasks/duties, as assigned by the supervisor or Chief of the unit;
- When working with (including supervising) national staff or (non-)governmental counterparts, the incumbent is strongly encouraged to set aside dedicated time for capacity development through coaching, mentoring and formal and on-the-job training.
Logistics, Property and Inventory Management, Accounting, Business Management, Mathematics, Physical Sciences or Economics. A higher degree in any of the above is an advantage.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
At least three years of experience in Property Management related areas; previous work experience in the field with R&I is an advantage.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Fluency in FRENCH is an advantage.Driving license: Yes Competencies values:
Adaptability and Flexibility, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 28 June 2020