palestine (Palestinian Territory)
PLEASE DO NOT MODIFY THE FIELDS OF THE SECTION BELOW.OVERVIEW
Post Number : 5PSBFM0705RP
Grade : G-3
Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Palestine, State of
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 23-JUL-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
ONLY CANDIDATES HOLDING JERUSALEM ID ENTITLED TO WORK IN STATE OF PALESTINE / ISRAEL CAN APPLYOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the authority of the Head of Office & UNESCO Representative and direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer (AO), the Senior Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work to the Head of Office and high ranking UN officials and visitors.
- Drives the Head of Office, UNESCO/UN officials and staff, including senior and high-ranking officials and visitors. Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services. Meets senior staff, officials and visitors at the airport, including assisting, when required, with basic visa and customs formalities. When necessary, translates in local language for the Head of the Office and/or official personnel using the vehicle.
- Coordinates routes and schedules drivers and vehicles for use on a daily basis. Instruct other drivers in matters pertaining to traffic and safety regulations, office regulations with respect to vehicles and equipment and safety measures. Coordinate arrangements for major repairs.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper upkeep of vehicles and accurate day-to-day maintenance of vehicles and coordination of daily vehicle logs; prepares vehicle maintenance logs and reports. Refers to the AO problems such as abuse/misuse of equipment and vehicles. Provides assistance on installations and use the HF, VHF radio and satellite phone in the vehicle.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities. Ensures timely, accurate and correct reporting of accidents.
- Delivers and collects mail, documents and other items as required. When not driving, may perform other duties, such as photocopying, binding, assisting with filing, paying some office bills, etc.
- Additional activities that may be required to ensure the success of the work team.
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational school education.
Valid driving license B and C1
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience as a driver with safe driving records.
- Good knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of vehicles,
- Good knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance procedures,
- Good knowledge of the city, local roads and conditions where the office is located,
- Communication, ability to work as part of a team,
- Service oriented, courtesy and high sense of responsibility.
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English and Arabic.
- Previous experience in office vehicle fleet management.
- Deffensive Driving Certificate.
- Relevant experience in an international organization, embassy and/or UN system.
- Knowledge of Hebrew.
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please attach copy of Jerusalem ID and driving license B and C1 under the employment history section.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided..
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.