National Consultancy: Technical Assistant to support the implementation of “National Communication Strategy for Immunization in Cambodia 2020-2023”, Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Open for Cambodian national only)
Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, is looking for a Cambodian national consultant to provide technical assistant and logistical support to the National Immunization Programme for the implementation of the National Communication Strategy for Immunization. If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, health.
UNICEF began providing assistance to Cambodia in 1952 and has been working since then to improve the wellbeing of Cambodian children. UNICEF established its first country office in 1973 in the capital of Phnom Penh. More information on what we do in Cambodia is available at https://www.unicef.org/cambodia/.
How can you make a difference?
The purpose of this consultancy is to provide technical assistant and logistical support to the National Immunization Programme for the implementation of the National Communication Strategy for Immunization.
For this purpose, the selected consultant is expected to sit at and work closely with the National Immunization Program with traveling to provinces as require and agreed upon by the supervisor.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in communication, media, or health related, supplemented by courses the relevant fields such as behavioral change, communication, and social sciences.
- At least three years of work experience in communication and media relation at national and/or sub-national level.
- Proven experience in developing, implementing and monitoring communication for development and behavior change communication campaigns is an advantage.
- Proven experience in project management is an advantage.
- Previous work experience with international development organizations and/or government agencies is an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of immunization related issues and current status of immunization in Cambodia
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the Cambodian context
- Excellent management, interpersonal, planning and coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Relating and networking
- Applying technical expertise
- Formulating strategy and concepts
Fluency in spoken and written Khmer and English
To view detail Terms of Reference for this assignment, please click here TOR for Technical Assistant for NIP.pdf
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.