PSEA Coordinator (Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the overall supervision of the DSRSG/HC/RC, and daily guidance by the Head of RCO, the PSEA Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing and supporting the collective PSEA activities of organizations in Haiti. The PSEA Coordinator will be contracted by UNFPA and UNDP and will report directly to the DSRSG/HC/RC and the Head of RCO. Working closely with the PSEA Network co-chairs the PSEA Coordinator will undertake the following:
1. Establish the PSEA in-country programme
• Support senior leadership in developing and implementing an in-country PSEA strategy;
• Support senior leadership to establish an inter-agency PSEA Network for technical coordination on PSEA, consisting of membership from UN agencies; international, national, and local organizations; BINUH; and/or government bodies operating in Haiti;
• Support the PSEA Network to carry out a joint PSEA risk assessment in Haiti to inform senior leadership on strategic decision-making;
• Support senior leadership and implementing PSEA Network TORs and a Work Plan, based upon the risk assessment.
2. Oversee the PSEA Network
• Oversee and support the PSEA Network in coordination with the Network cochairs in the fulfillment of its responsibilities under its PSEA Network TORs and Work Plan;
• Represent the PSEA Network in the UNCT, HCT, ICCG and other relevant fora in Haiti.
3. Strengthen PSEA within organizations
• Where requested, support Network members and other relevant entities operating in the context to strengthen their internal PSEA programs, for example by establishing a Code of Conduct and Whistleblowing Policy ; implementing SEA prevention, risk mitigation, and response measures; or training staff on PSEA and the Code of Conduct.
4. Strengthen an Inter-agency Complaints Mechanism
• Supports the PSEA Network members in engaging and strengthening the community-based complaints mechanism managed by the Haitian Human Rights Institution (OPC);
• Assists Network members consulting and engaging with all relevant stakeholders in issues related to the complaints mechanism;
• Supports the OPC and PSEA Network members in drafting/strengthening Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on inter-agency complaint referral;
• Supports the PSEA Network in holding inter-agency trainings on good practices in SEA complaint intake;
• Keeps anonymized records of allegations received directly by Network members and other actors in-country in order to capture SEA trends and support stakeholders to adjust programs.
• Complete all over tasks asked by the supervisor.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
· Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
· Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
· Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
· Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
· Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
· Promote capacity development activities and transfer of skills to national personnel during the assignment;
· Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
A master’s degree (or equivalent) preferably in law, social sciences or related areas. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Required experience: 48 Months Experience remark:
- 4-5 years at national and international level is required.
- Experience in multistakeholder coordination is required.
- Experience in working on Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA), Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP), Protection, Human rights and/or GBV is desirable.
- Experience in policy making and capacity building is desirable.
- Experience in working with civil society and government counterpart is desirable.
- Experience in the UN system is an asset.
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Social work, Human rights, International law Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Working in Teams
You can only apply if you have created your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup
Watch this video for the specific steps you must follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5uJ_FolWU
If you are already registered in UNV's Talent Pool, make sure your profile is up to date before applying.
Application deadline: 05-Jul-2020 at 23:59hrs, Germany time