Machine Plant Operator Assistant-Back Actor and Articulated Dump Truck,SC5,Madhuchara Hub,Cox's
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Cox's Bazar Offices.
Cox’s Bazar has been home to one of the world’s most protracted refugee situations, with more than 20 years of camp and makeshift site settlement by a Muslim minority from Myanmar’s northern Rakhine State, known as Rohingya. Since the 1990’s, the Government of Bangladesh hosts 34,000 officially registered refugees in two camps in Cox’s Bazar. A further 300,000-500,000 Rohingya refugees, politically referred to as Undocumented Myanmar Nationals (UMNs) have been residing in poor conditions in neighboring Bangladeshi host communities, including some 77,100 in the two makeshift settlements adjacent to the official camps. Humanitarian partners estimate that the influx of new arrivals since August 2017 is likely to peak at 700,000-800,000.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Access to the refugee camps is critical to the humanitarian response where engineering works are undertaken as preventative measures and in preparation to react as required to maintain access. The works shall necessitate a multi-sectoral and multi-agency effort to ensure adequate coverage across all camps in Ukhia and Teknaf. Has been established a Site Maintenance Engineering Project (SMEP), as partnership between IOM, UNHCR, WFP to undertake the following four principal activities:
- Clearing and strengthening primary drainage channels,
- Maintaining vehicular access via maintenance, emergency repair and rehabilitation,
- Materials supply, fabrication, and pre-positioning to facilitate rapid response,
- Site preparation work.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of Plant Operator Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Operate and maintain a Hydrema 906F Back Actor/Shovel
• Operate and maintain a Hydrema 912HM 180° 10 tonne Articulated Dump Truck.
• Keep accurate daily records of hours worked, machine hours and fuel received.
• Follow directions of the plant operator manager in coordination with the deputy lead engineer, as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
• Determine resource requirements, work allocation and deadlines to achieve objectives.
• Ensure equipment are readily and continuously available for their utilization.
• Focusses on safety;
- Safely and efficiently operate plant machinery and various heavy equipment (including excavators, rollers, bulldozers, graders, tractor trailers); be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
- Report to the plant operator manager and workshop manager after investigating and evaluating cause and extent of damage to equipment involved in accidents or malfunctions.
- Properly follow all policies and standard regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Strong preference will be given to those who can prove they can operate in fast-fluid environments with limited resources. The ideal candidate will be both detailed-oriented, determined, proactive and impatient to get stuff done. The candidate must be fast-thinking and efficient.
Heavy machinery driving license is required.
EDUCATION : Plan Operator machinery certificate or relevant job experience.
6-10 years of operating Back Actor Shovels.
2-3 years of experience with 360° Tiltrotor’s and angle buckets.
2-3 years of experience with joystick-controlled fly-by wire driving and steering.
2-3 years of experience with cab-controlled attachment quick release systems.
6-10 years of operating Articulated Dump Trucks
2-3 years of operating 180° skips.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: Electro-mechanical knowledge is desirable
LANGUAGE : Excellent verbal communications skills both Bangla and English
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Contract Type : Service Contract
Contract Duration : 6 months
Duty Station : Madhucara Hub,Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Nationality : Bangladeshi only
Monthly Net Salary : BDT. 86,452
Number of post: 1
7 July 2020
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.