Gender Officer (National Position)
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
The role of the Gender Officer is to provide systematic advisory support on gender across the organization program portfolio.
The Gender Officer will support in gender development components and integration in program deliverables and provide specific advice and technical support on gender integration.
for more info about our work in syria please go to https://www.accioncontraelhambre.org/es/oriente-proximo/siria
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: To ensure successful implementation of assigned Gender tasks according to Action
Against Hunger and Donors’ standards and protocols, in line with the humanitarian principles:
- Contribute to the proposal preparation by providing inputs on gender mainstreaming by capitalizing on former experiences (lessons learnt and best practices).
Objective 2: To contribute building the Gender capacity of Action Against Hunger and implementing partner staff according to the needs identified:
- Contribute identifying implementing partner and Action Against Hunger mission staff gender training needs.
- Capitalize on lessons learnt and best practices of projects.
Objective 3: To contribute in implementing Gender strategies and programming in the mission:
- Contribute identifying Gender ideas for Action Against Hunger for new programs, pilot projects and new geographical areas of interventions.
- Support the senior management team and/or the coordinators in meetings with Donors, UN Agencies, other NGOs, sector working groups etc. as requested.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Preferably a Masters’ degree on gender integration related field or substantial field work experience on gender integration or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management (Logical Framework Approach) Management of projects, including remote and in volatile security contexts.
- Basic knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation concepts reporting.
- At least two years of professional experience on similar position with similar setting and responsibility.
- Knowledge of Syrian context, opportunities, challenges, etc. on gender integration and gender mainstreaming.
- knowledge of international humanitarian quality standards and the Sphere Project (minimum standards).
- Track record on development of gender sensitive indicators and monitoring.
- Experience in gender responsive intervention designing.
- Experience from both private and INGO sectors is an advantage.
- Knowledge of main donor requirements in term of gender integration will be an asset.
- Excellent English (speaking and writing) is compulsory.
- IT systems: MS Office.
Our remuneration package:
Formal work contract: 6 months.
Salary: As per Syria Mission Salary Scale.
Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
Due to the high-number of application received, only potential applicants will be contacted.
The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.