Adolescent Girls Officer - Bekaa
The Adolescent Girls Officer, as a team member of the IRC’s Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) team, will work closely with the WPE Manager and Adolescent Girls Specialist to implement a set of interventions aimed to respond to the needs of adolescent girls in Lebanon.
The Adolescent Girls Officer will be responsible for:
- Assessing needs of target girls and supporting the set up of the Adolescent Girl groups and activities;
- Lead the start up and implementation of the intervention including facilitation of activities, selection of target girls, relationship building with key gate keepers and monitoring of activities.
- Monitor the implementation of activities for girls, including the selection of mentors for girls and the continued strengthening of the mentors’ capacity
- Providing technical support to other WPE staff and volunteers to enable them to implement Adolescent Girl activities
- Providing technical support to WPE external partners to enable them to implement Adolescent Girl activities
Lead relationship building with key gatekeepers to support girls who will be beneficiaries of the intervention.
Who this position reports to: WPE Manager Bekaa
Major Responsibilities: The Adolescent Girls Officer is specifically responsible for the following tasks:
- Strengthen the capacity of WPE staff, volunteers and mentors through technical support, ongoing training, and conduct regular meetings with staff and mentors to monitor the progress of activities and address any challenges.
- Assist in the selection criteria and identification of mentors in collaboration with the Adolescent Girls Specialist; and the continued strengthening of the mentors’ capacity.
- Assist in the development and adaptation of documents and reference materials for mentors, targeted girls, Adolescent Girl Focal Points and Community Mobilisers and Caseworkers with support from the WPE team and Adolescent Girls Specialist
- In collaboration with the WPE Manager and the Adolescent Girls Specialist, contribute to the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of interventions for the mentors, Adolescent Girl Focal Points and targeted girls
- Work closely with WPE team to ensure GBV responses are reflective of the needs of girls’ in particular early marriage and sexual violence.
- Assessing gaps and needs within the teams regarding adolescent girl programming and to recommend and participate in capacity building plans
- Based on the established criteria, identify and register the beneficiaries for the programme.
- Ensure Monitoring and Evaluation tools are completed with data inputted, analysed and shared with WPE team on a regular basis.
- If required, ensure M&E tools for Adolescent Girl activities are adapted/developed based on WPE team needs in Collaboration with M&E Officer.
- Lead in the planning and implementation of activities and strategies aimed at parents (or guardians) of the girls in the program
- Support Community Mobilisers to be able to engage with parents (or guardians/gatekeepers) in the communities the IRC works
- Through observation and regular evaluations, oversee and ensure the quality of activities implemented by the mentors/Adolescent Girl Focal Points, teachers; and share information with the WPE Manager in weekly meetings
- Supervise the monitoring, evaluation and preparation of reports on activities implemented.
- Draft reports on adolescent girls activities and contribute to WPE regular reports
- Prepare, monitor, and inform all activity-related logistical needs in accordance with IRC policies
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:WPE Program Manager
Position directly supervises:Adolescent Girls Assistants
Indirect Reporting: Adolescent Girls Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: The AGO will work closely with the AG Assistants, AG focal points, and Senior Officers
External: Partners implementing the AGs initiatives.