Administrative and HR Specialist
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan.
Under the overall technical guidance of the Office of Human Resources and under the direct supervision of Head/Representative of Partnership and Liaison Office in close collaboration with Deputy Head of Office, the incumbent will be responsible to perform the following tasks\:
- Provide support in activities in the areas of administration, HR and travel;
- Arrange and supervise the well-functioning and maintenance of FAO Premises(s) including provision of office supply and equipment;, cleaning of the office and tea services, as needed;
- Prepare or finalize administrative and HR correspondence and reporting for the office and ensures that an appropriate electronic/paper trail with key documentation is archived;
- Support the recruitment procedures, including finalization of Terms of References, drafting Vacancy Announcements, outreach to attract potential candidates, screening applications, assisting in the organization of interviews.
- Ensure that FAO rules and regulations are applied, adhering to the rules of transparency, accountability, fairness and best value for money;
- Support the compliance with the Organization's security guidelines (Minimum Operational Security Standards ' MOSS) as a back-up of Assistant FAO Representative;
- Prepare/update on quarterly basis staff/Non Staff HR (NSHR) leave plans;
- Follow up with receipt and implementation of Quarterly HR Plans related to Field Program/projects;
- Assist with the preparation of periodic (weekly) HR monitoring report for recruitments for the Office and under programme/projects;
- Coordinate the preparation of QAR for NSHR;
- Provide support in the preparation of budget planning particularly related to NSHR, office supply and equipment, office retreat and staff development needs;
- Provide support in the coordination of audit missions and in the preparation of information and supporting documents;
- Oversee the provision of necessary logistical arrangements for all office activities including correspondence, communication, trainings and other events, visibility actions such as publications (liaising with OCC when needed);
- Assist in the preparation of risk assessment and development of corresponding security plans, monitoring and implementing necessary measures to mitigate potential risk;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- University degree in a field related to business, economics and public administration and in other social sciences.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in HR and administration.
- Working knowledge of English (Level C).
- Working knowledge of Azerbaijani.
- National of Azerbaijan.
FAO Core Competencies\:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Works in a team environment and shows conflict resolution skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills and applies them in the work
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.