UN Youth Volunteer - in Programme Management
Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
- Assist in the implementation of Enabling Activities projects by following up regularly with executing agencies to identify and pre-empt issue, ensure reports are delivered on-time, analyse financial and progress report in collaboration with the task manager.
- Assist in management of Medium and Full Size projects including support to quarterly and annual reporting by Executing Agencies and drafting of periodic updates to national and regional stakeholders.
- Review project technical outputs and contribute to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. success stories and lessons learnt, draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, websites and social media networks, etc.;
- Undertake literature review and baseline information collection, including compilation of documentation packages and annexes, for project development including for the Asia Textiles project and Africa Programme. This includes identifying potential project stakeholders, contacting them to assess possible collaboration and co-financing.
- Acting as local point of contact for the development of the new project the circular plastic economy in cities with colleagues from the ecosystem division and international water area.
- Identify opportunities for further Enabling Activities project development.
Education - Additional Comments: Master's degree is desired
Type of degree: Field of EnvironmentRequired experience: Experience remark:
Demonstrated interest or experience in environmental project management or related fields is required.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Environmental project management or related fields is required.Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
UN Youth Volunteers must be aged between 18 and 24 years of age throughout the entire duration of their service.
Eligible candidates, i.e. aged between 18 and 29 years of age throughout the entire duration of their service.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: )5 Jul 2020