Overall purpose of the role:
An internship provides a student pursuing graduate studies, or a recent graduate, with entry-level work experience in his/her field of study. The intern will contribute to strengthening program quality while gaining experience and knowledge on programming for displacement-affected communities.
- Conduct research, review and revise reports according to donor requirements and DRC’s standards
- Provide training to staff members on report writing in terms of logic, internal consistency, flow, grammar and presentation
Support to Grants Management: Provide support to the grants management unit as needed, with responsibilities including, but not exclusive to:
- Supporting field teams to ensure quality and timeliness of report delivery
- Maintaining grants management-related documents
- Assessing process flows to recommend improved efficiencies and needs for capacity development
Support to Program Units:
- Support field teams in all documentation-related aspects of project implementation, including translation of reports and tools
- Develop case studies and success stories for external communication
Support New Business Development
- Maintain and update new business development tracker, analyzing trends leading to successful and unsuccessful proposals
- Conduct donor and partner mapping
- Support development, revision, presentation and final packaging of proposals
Support to Operations Functions
- Provide support to the Area Manager in operations functions as appropriate
- Support with requesting procurements through specification development and submission of duly authorized purchase requisitions
DRC will provide:
- Program for coaching, mentoring and/or training to facilitate professional development
The Intern will report to the Country Director
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Experience and technical competencies:
- In process of completing, or have completed University Degree or post graduate education qualification in social sciences. For those currently completing university education, please attach your most recent transcript.
- Skills in French and English writing, report presentation and analysis
- Ability to work well independently and in groups
- Ability to manage diverse activities, meet deadlines and adapt to shifts in priorities
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Full professional proficiency in English and French
- Proficiency in Somali or Arabic are assets
Contract: This is a six-month internship contract
Duty station: Remote working
Availability: July 2020
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework. All DRC staff must be committed to the Red Cross Code of Conduct, as well as the Core Humanitarian Standards.
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV in English, will be considered.
DRC only accepts applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
Please submit your application and CV in English no later than 6 July, 2020.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.