UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
In Ukraine UN Women works with the government, parliament and civil society in advancing gender equality through implementation of the national and international commitments on gender equality and women’s human rights. UN Women Ukraine implements interventions towards the realization of following strategic goals: elimination of violence against women and girls; implementation of women, peace and security agenda and gender responsive governance. UN Women works closely with the UN Country Team in integration of women’s rights and gender equality in all spheres of UN work.
The project “Building democratic, peaceful and gender equal society in Ukraine”, funded by the Government of Norway, is implemented in three conflict-affected oblasts of Eastern Ukraine - Donetsk, Luhansk and Zaporizhzhya. It aims at ensuring that women and girls, especially most vulnerable affected by conflict will participate and equally benefit from recovery, peace and community security planning in Eastern Ukraine. The project has two Outcomes: 1) Women and girls, affected by conflict in three eastern oblasts, equally participate in and benefit from recovery, peace and security processes; and 2) Law enforcement and women’s community groups in three pilot oblasts jointly develop and implement Gender-based violence prevention and response strategies as a part of local community security.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of Programme Specialist/Project Manager, the Project Specialist will be responsible for implementation of project activities in Donetsk oblast of Ukraine (government-controlled territory).
Impact of results:
The key results of this post directly impact on the ability of UN Women to effectively implement UN Women’s programs and related operations in the country. This impact should lead to enhancing the visibility and image of UN Women as an effective leader on gender equality and women’s rights and empowerment within the country.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Project Implementation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Contribution to Inter-Agency coordination and partnerships building
- Advocacy support and facilitation of knowledge building and management ?
1. Project Implementation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of the project component related to Donetsk region and delivery of results in accordance with the project document, work plans and other project documents;
- Provide inputs to project reports, including progress and annual reports, as well as ad-hoc technical reports;
- Contribute to project monitoring and evaluation, as well as audit activities;
- Assure that due security measures are in place with regard to the project personnel and assets;
- Ensure provision of timely inputs to the preparation, update and implementation of annual and detailed implementation work plans and other related documents for timely commencement and implementation of the project activities;
- Provide inputs to activities and ensure timely implementation of project, including reporting on achieved progress;
- Ensure proper management of the budget component allocated for the project implementation.
- Arrange and monitor field level activities of the project.
2. Contribution to Inter-Agency coordination and partnerships building
- Provide technical advisory support to UN Women in engagement with relevant local authorities to support the capacity development and implementation of the project.
- Maintain close liaison with local and oblast partners, ensuring optimum participation of all relevant stakeholders;
- Develop the professional platform for networking and partnership building with the local and regional authorities, CSOs, private sector and international development organizations or projects;
- Ensure coordination with relevant working groups and information sharing. Support UN Women in partnership building
- Facilitate collection, analysis and interpretation of data in the field of project implementation in the target regions of Ukraine. Ensure availability of an up-to-date information on all critical issues related to project implementation;
- Prepare regular updates to UN Women with situation analysis (political, social, and economic) in the field of the project implementation;
3. Advocacy support and facilitation of knowledge building and management
- Manage the establishment of advocacy networks at national level;
- Proactively and substantively support and implement relevant, high-impact advocacy activities and campaigns with key partners;
- Ensure awareness about project priorities, strategies and approaches. Analyse ongoing experience for lessons learned, best practices, and shares with project management for use in knowledge sharing and planning future strategies;
- Proactively contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Contribute to implementation of the UN Women communications strategy and plan;
MEASURABLE OUTPUTS OF THE WORK ASSIGNMENT:
- Full and appropriate implementation of project activities in assigned region;
- Results, experiences and lessons learned during implementation of the project are shared with the project management;
- Programme initiatives are designed and formulated for translating UN Women’s priorities into local interventions;
- Reporting and quality monitoring activities completed.
PERFORMANCE INDICATORS FOR EVALUATION OF RESULTS:
- Annual work plan for project is fully and timely implemented;
- Funds delivery for the project reached 100%;
- Partnership and advocacy networks at national level are established.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Demonstrated development/programming skills particularly those that are pertinent to UN Women strategic priorities on gender issues and women’s rights;
- Ability to lead implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programmes component;
- Ability to develop detailed operational plans, budgets, and deliver on them for development results;
- Good knowledge of Results Based Management principles and approaches;
- Ability to establish and maintain broad strategic networks and partnerships with UN agencies and other partners to promote partnership and build alliances to advance organizational interests and competencies; CORE VALUES / GUIDING PRINCIPLES (applies to all)
- Demonstrated strong coordination, facilitation and communication skills.
Required Skills and Experience
The UN Women Ukraine is committed to workforce diversity. Women and men with disabilities, other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, IDPs, refugees legally entitled to work in Ukraine, are particularly encouraged to apply.
UN Women Personal History Form (P11) must be completed and attached as part of the online application - https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-p11-personal-history-form.doc?la=en&vs=558