Gender and Social Safeguards Adviser, Papua New Guinea - Australia Transport Sector Support Program
Port Moresby (Papua New Guinea) | Papua New Guinea
The Company & Program
Privately owned by our people, GHD is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services companies. Our global network of over 10,000 people operates in the water, energy and resources, property and buildings, environment, and transportation markets. GHD's International Development Assistance (IDA) Team delivers project management and technical services for the world's largest development organisations to improve the lives of people in developing countries. The Papua New Guinea - Australia Transport Sector Support Program (TSSP) continues the Australian Government's long term commitment to the PNG transport infrastructure sector. The shared long term goal of TSSP is a safer, more reliable transport system in place enabling economic and social development in PNG.
Reporting to the Transport Sector Development Manager, this is a full-time, long-term position based in Port Moresby until April 2022. The Gender and Social Safeguards Adviser will work closely with TSSP2 transport sector partner agency counterparts to develop and strengthen policies, strategies, plans and activities aimed at improving Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) across the sector in alignment with Agency Support Arrangements (ASA). The focus will be on mainstreaming and improving outcomes in the areas of gender, child protection and disability.
Eligible candidates must have the following specific skill requirements:
- Relevant qualifications (preferably post graduate) in fields such as Development Effectiveness, International Development, Gender, Safeguards or Human Rights.
- Minimum of ten (10) years professional work experience in Gender Equity and Social Inclusion as a cross cutting issue in the Pacific.
- Demonstrated understanding of the synergy between international, regional and national GESI policies/ strategies, preferably in the Pacific.
- Demonstrated ability to provide policy advice to support development of internal GESI policies, preferably in the transport sector.
- Knowledge of impact assessments and ability to formulate and manage Gender Action Plans.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with a range of government and non-government agencies on gender and cross cutting development issues.
- Preferable experience in GoPNG planning, reporting and budgeting processes to support sustainability in GESI policies/activities.
- Demonstrated application of capacity development methodologies to support agencies and their staff in implementing GESI policies, plans and activities.
- Demonstrated understanding of the relationship between cross cutting development issues, including gender equality and women’s empowerment, child protection, disability, HIV/AIDS and road safety policies as well as their stand-alone issues.
- Experience in operating effectively in the aid environment with a high degree of diplomacy and adherence to good governance.
Ideally you will have had exposure to the Australian Government’s aid program and have experience working collaboratively with program partners and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds. You will be well versed in Government of Australia and Government of PNG GESI policy and strategic requirements with an understanding of the PNG context and demonstrated application of aid effectiveness principles. All candidates must adhere to GHD’s Child Protection Policy, Integrity Management Policy, Code of Conduct and other key policies. This position is classified as Discipline C Level 3 under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework. To express your interest Apply Now and submit your CV and cover letter addressing the specific skill requirements. Closing date Sunday 26 July 2020.
GHD is committed to protecting children and their rights and requires all IDA Personnel to comply with the GHD Child Protection Policy and the GHD International Development Assistance Child Protection Procedures in delivering development assistance services. GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.