National Professional Officer (Nutrition)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMEThe Programme works closely with the Nutrition Department, Ministry of Health and State departments of health to enhance the development and implementation of nutrition programmes and activities; strengthening and implementing the nutrition surveillance system and monitoring and quality assurance of the interventions for facility-based management of severe malnutrition in emergency settings. The incumbent will represent WHO in the nutrition cluster and coordinate all related activities, including resource mobilization.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
EducationEssential\: First level university degree in medicine with specialization in Nutrition or closely related field.
Desirable\: An advanced degree in medicine or Public Health with specialization in Nutrition, Nutrition, or closely related field, Advanced training in facility-based management of severe malnutrition, nutrition surveillance and communications.
ExperienceEssential\: At least two years of relevant experience in the field of nutrition and food security.
Desirable\: Experience or sound knowledge of WHO mandate and goals in humanitarian health crisis, or experience in UN organizations/agencies, international institutions or NGOs.
WHO global Competencies model at
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language SkillsEssential\: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.
Desirable\: Intermediate knowledge of another WHO language.
REMUNERATIONRemuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 34,004 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply on-line. For assessment of your application, please ensure that your profile on Stellis is updated; all experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time. Kindly note that CV/PHFs inserted via LinkedIn are not accessible.
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE AR-SA
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link\: http\://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit\: http\://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.