We are hiring a Field Director in Iraq and Syria! As the Field Director, you will be responsible for the overall management and direction of all Field Team activities. Ensuring that the Field Team provides appropriate assistance to those affected by the disaster, in a timely manner, in our cross-border operation between Iraq and Syria. You will also take responsibility in shepherding the team by looking after their physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being.
Be the hands and feet of Jesus! Allow God to utilize your talents for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This role is an unaccompanied position.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Coordinate disaster response or crisis management activities such as ordering evacuations, opening public shelters, implantation, plans, and programs.
- Propose alteration of emergency response procedures based on regulatory changes on the ground.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and workshops related to emergency management to learn new information and to develop working relationships with other emergency management specialists.
- Prepare emergency situation status reports that describe response efforts, recovery efforts, and needs.
- Keep informed of activities or changes that could affect the likelihood of an emergency, as well as those that could affect response efforts and details of plan implementation.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solutions and solve problems.
- Maintain and update all resource materials associated with emergency preparedness plans. Prepare plans that outline operating procedures to be used in response to disasters or emergencies, as well as communicating these plans.
- Mentor and lead field team ensuring physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being, as well as maintaining team unity.
- Develop and maintain liaisons with Government Departments and other NGO Partners.
- Communicate with people outside the organization. Represent the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources.
We need you to bring:
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university; and 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing and overseeing teams of people in complex humanitarian situations.
- Ability to network and build relationships with government, civil society, and community partners.
- Strong leadership, relational, problem solving, creative thinking, and supervisory skills. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Field experience in the Middle East or similar context and knowledge of the region is a strong asset.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions under pressure, and be able to cope in high-stress situations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and have strong mathematical, analytical, and reasoning abilities.
- Language: Fluency in English (required). Strong English language writing and oral communication skills, and demonstrated ability to produce quality reports and proposal inputs on short deadlines.
- Language: Knowledge of Arabic (preferred).
What you receive:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!