Yemen Country Programme Manager
The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers and staff operating in 190 countries. Our mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. To achieve this, we follow the seven humanitarian principles; Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity and Universality.
The ability of National Society partners to respond adequately to actual needs of the affected population is an important strategic choice for Norwegian Red Cross. In Yemen we focus on food security and First Aid, as well supporting the IFRC work to improve Yemen Red Crescent Society response capacity.
Norwegian Red Cross objectives in Yemen:
- Support YRCS for better response humanitarian needs within Health including primary health care and community health.
- Support YRCS to build up First Aid capacity within National Society and to scale up their life saving response capacity
- Support the institutional capacity of Yemen Red Crescent in finance management.
The overall responsibility as Country Programme Manager:
- Follow up and strengthen the National Society partnership through project development and management in line with established project agreements and project plans.
- Manage country office personnel in accordance with Norwegian Red Cross leadership development framework, and in-country security.
- Represent Norwegian Red Cross in-country and contribute to complementary Red Cross Movement roles and responsibilities.
Mission specific responsibilities:
- Give technical support to health interventions, including design, monitoring, training, quality and evaluation
- Liaises with the Host National Societies technical and project teams to ensure relevance of technical assistance provided.
We seek a person who;
- demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in the Health sector.
- is a self-starter, makes things happen and is result oriented
- builds a useful network of contacts and relationship and utilizes it to achieve objectives
- uses a methodical and systematic approach; plans ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information and supports others in the pursuit of team goals
- communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- University Degree
- Education or working experience relevant for programmatic focus
- managing humanitarian teams in complex humanitarian setting
- programme design
- implementing (Health, WASH, Other as relevant) programmes in challenging contexts.
- drafting donor applications and reports on humanitarian projects with measurable results.
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience
Fluency in English in required. Working proficiency in Arabic is an asset
Regional Representative MENA based in Beirut
Position is based in:
18 months’ contract, possible with extension
Why should you apply?
- Meaningful: You`ll be a part of the world's largest humanitarian organization, reaching the most vulnerable people in their local community.
- Impact: You will help National Societies in the region to become strong, self-sustained and accountable humanitarian actors.
- Career: You will be connected to an international organization with staff based all over the world
- A great place to work: You will work in a multicultural environment with hard-working, dedicated and fun colleagues with a strong culture of collaboration, continual improvement, and celebration of wins.
Norwegian Red Cross striving to build a working culture based on respect, honesty and generosity.
We do a thorough background check on relevant candidate.