Academic and Cultural Facilitator
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
The UN Volunteer will work in two UNRWA Francophone schools (Beirut, Ras El Ain and Saida at Sakhra school) under the responsibility of the UNRWA French Office and in liaison with school principals and teachers.
Under the direct supervision of French Advisor and French Linguistic Attaché, and in connection with principals and teachers, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Reinforce French language level;
- Organize Recreational, physical education and artistic activities including linguistics objectives;
- Organize Cultural and scientific activities with the French Institutes of Lebanon (francophone);
- Support special needs students during French class;
- Support the organization of “Francophonie” events (show competition, video competition);
- Prepare students to take the DELF Prim and DELF school exams and assist the organization of the DELF school exam (if competence and authorization of the CIEP);
- Provide homework support;
- Cooperate with any NGO project taking place in the school in order to enhance language abilities or cultural openness.
- Design Pedagogical support (in liaison with the pedagogical Adviser of the French Office);
- Support teachers during French lesson;
- Give Conversation classes
For Parents and school staff:
- Give French courses for beginners;
- Organize workshops for parents within the school.
Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisorQualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. pedagogy or area related to education;
Mandatory experience in:
• Teaching FLE/FLS;
• Designing teaching resources;
• Assessing French language competencies (DELF);
• Carrying out cultural and/or social projects;
• Animating artistic and/or scientific activities within the framework of project-based teaching/pedagogy (theatre, photo, video, songs, writing, sciences, sport ...)
- At least 3 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in education programme or other relevant programmes; experience with schools is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Valid national driver’s license;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in institutional or non-institutional support for refugees, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
1.Go to https://vmam.unv.org/
2.If not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool, please register your profile following below steps:
a. Click on “Candidate Signup”, enter your basic personal information and click “Sign Up”.
b. You will receive a notification e-mail to your registered e-mail
c. Click on the link in the e-mail to validate the e-mail address
d. Complete all the required sections under “My Profile” (Personal Information, Addresses, Qualifications, Experiences, References). Under Personal Information section, please make sure to tick the box “I am interested in serving as a volunteer” and select “National only” or “Both national and international”. Do not select “International only”.
e. If you have more than one nationality, make sure to add Lebanon as your current nationality otherwise your application will not be considered for national UNV assignments
f. Click “Submit my profile”
g. Go to “My Page” -> Click on “Special Calls” -> search for “Academic and Cultural Facilitator (LBNR000321) click Apply then press "Submit my Application”.
3.If already registered in the UNV Talent Pool:
a. Update your profile under “My Profile” (Personal Information, Addresses, Qualifications, Experiences, References). Under Personal Information section, please make sure to tick the box “I am interested in serving as a volunteer” and select “National only” or “Both national and international”. Do not select “International only”.
b. Go to “My Page” -> Click on “Special Calls” -> search for “Academic and Cultural Facilitator (LBNR000321)”, click Apply then press "Submit my Application”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.