Jordan Operations Manager
World Vision International - Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position Title: Jordan Operations Manager
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the supervision of the Syria Response Operations Director, the Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the implementation of World Vision’s operations across Jordan program – providing direction, oversight and coordination to ensure that all projects and programs are implemented to achieve desired results while adhering to humanitarian standards, processes and budgets, and that risk mitigation and compliance measures are in place and implemented.
STRATEGY AND VISION
- Support the Operations Director and the Senior Leadership Team in strategic planning, ensuring that the implementation of activities aligns with Syria response -wide strategic objectives.
- Support efforts to strategically position World Vision for new opportunities.
- Advocacy and communications: support targeted messaging and products for Syria Response.
- Operational integrity: Assure that all programming inside Jordan is properly planned and implemented to meet agreed upon results, timelines and budgets according to donor and WV agreements. Identify gaps in management oversight and work with team to manage the risk resulting from these gaps
To provide a focused vision for the WVJ program, motivate staff to work together towards shared and common goals.
- Resource management & planning: Assure field operations are adequately resourced and staffed. Ensure that budgets and structures both reflect operational needs vis-a-vis planned activities and also donor guidelines and requirements.
- Operations expansion: Facilitate surveys and assessments in new areas as identified in the response strategy
SECURITY AND RISK MANAGEMENT, INCLUDING DUE DILIGENCE AND COMPLIANCE
- Ensure the Syria program adheres to WV’s Alternative Operating Procedures and global-level policies, and monitor compliance by maintaining close oversight of expenditure, procurement and other operational aspects of the programme.
- Immediately escalate (perceived or proven) instances of fraud, waste, abuse and diversion, to the Operations Director, relevant WV Departments and donors – in line with WV reporting procedures.
- Work closely with WV Response Security Director and other security staff to support safety and security management for WV’s .Jordan operations
- Support Project Managers Managers to ensure that security plans and documentation are in place and integrated into project implementation, and that any concerns related to the safety or security of WV staff, partner staff, or affiliate staff or assets are raised to the Operations director and Syria Security Director in a timely manner.
- Manage security incidents when required/coordinate and chair Incident Management Teams when required. Feed/escalate information and decisions to Head of Office and other key stakeholders
- Resource management & Planning: Determine staffing requirements and lead recruitment, hiring, orientation and training with WV P&C.
- Capacity development: Identify areas of priority professional development for staff. Assist in staff training and development and/or facilitate access to other internal and external professional development opportunities.
- Performance management. Articulate performance standards relevant to actual role/position for direct reports. Monitor staff performance, hold staff accountable for performance outcomes, and provide feedback as needed.
- Business processes. Plan and implement staffing procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiency in programme areas.
FINANCE AND BUDGET OVERSIGHT**
- Resource management & planning: Direct involvement in the development of the operations department budgets.
- Financial management & oversight: Constantly monitor financial expenditures and ensure alignment with approved budgets. Support Portfolio and Grants Managers to ensure adequate budget management oversight is being delivered by ops team. Coordinate closely with finance shared services team to address instances of non-alignment. Assure that financial reporting is accurate, within deadline(s), and in the proper format for relevant donor and internal WV business process requirements.
- Support Portfolio and Grants Managers along with District Coordinators to develop and nurture internal and external relationships and networks to ensure optimum communication and programme success.
- Proactively participate in relevant external formal and informal coordination/ cluster meetings, and participate in Syria-level coordination mechanisms as requested by the Syria Response Manager.
- Maintain a strong network of NGO , UN and Donor agencies, international and local civil society leaders, government officials and donors.
- Work closely with the Operations Director and other senior staff to ensure that healthy relationships with relevant authorities, government representatives and national partners are built/ maintained.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Higher degree in International Development or other relevant area
· Strong knowledge of key sectoral areas, including programmatic approaches to health and protection programming **
· Experienced and confident in external representation with donors and within formal and informal coordination structures, including within the Whole of Syria coordination structure
· Highly developed communication skills (oral and written) with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders
· Demonstrated success as a collaborator and team builder committed to the transfer of knowledge
· Ability to work effectively under pressure
· Innovator and calculated risk taker
· Understands, values and promotes diversity to achieve organizational goals
· Knowledge of computer software such as MS Office and email programs**
· Fluent in English (written and oral)
· Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
· Experience and understanding of World Vision**
· 10+ years proven experience with International NGOs, donor or UN agencies in emergency relief/ development programming and operations**
· Concrete practical hands on experience in remote management aid delivery contexts**
· Experience designing and implementing cross-border programs in Central Syria, through partners, highly preferred