UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women and other sister agencies (UNAIDS, UNCEF, UNFPA and WHO) will implement the Joint United Nations project on promoting Risk Communications and Community Engagement activities to contain the spread of COVID 19 in Nigeria. The project has the overall objective of influencing individual behaviour change with messages on effective handwashing and hygiene practices; social distancing; combating stigmatization and using risk communication and community engagement to mitigate socio-economic consequences of the Covid-19 pandemic and associated measures. A sub-component of the UN Women led interventions involves the distribution of small grants to mitigate the immediate socio-economic impact of COVID on the most vulnerable women and girls that are facing heightened protection risks including GBV, child marriage, female genital mutilation; and to facilitate their increased adherence to risk communication messages, and adoption of improved hygiene and other behavioral practices to help protect them from contracting the disease.
Reporting to the Programme Officer (Community Engagement and Social Cash Transfers), the Programme Associate works primarily on the Risk Communications and Community Engagement (RCCE) programme, providing support to the in the RCCE Programme Team. S/he also provides support to other programme teams in the Country Office and support the development and implementation of effective interventions consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. S/he contributes to research, financial management, and programme implementation including providing necessary operational, procurement, administrative and programmatic support. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations and programme staff in the RCCE and UN Women CO and ensures that there is effective information flow and efficient coordination of work processes between programmes and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide procurement and financial management support to the implementation of the RCCE Programme
- Ensure integrity of financial and administrative procedures as well as a consistent application of rules and regulations relating to procurement of goods and services, and travel;
- Prepare requisitions, purchase orders and payment requests, as appropriate;
- Support the programme team to closely monitor the delivery status of budgets and prepare quarterly/monthly updates for the for the senior management of the Country Office;
- Compile regular procurement plans based on inputs from the programme staff and following up with operations unit to ensure that the requests are processed on time and within expected standards;
- Ensuring that procurement documentations are solicited and packaged for procurement and ease of payments;
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Review financial statements/reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Process and follow-up payments for consultants;
- Maintain internal expenditures control system;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas;
- Assist in the preparation and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Atlas.
2. Provide coordination and logistical support to the implementation of the RCCE Programme
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
- Provide effective coordination between program and operation and ensure effective logistical and facilitation support to the programme implementation
- Draft and share minutes of programme related meetings with operation and same for programme
- Review data from programmes/ projects for the RCCE Initiative website;
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers;
- Provide adequate support including logistical and administrative arrangements for the organization of meetings, workshops, conferences, missions and other events linked to the RCCE programme
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
3. Provide administrative and Human resources management support to the RCCE Programme
- Prepare and issue contracts in line with procurement plan and agreements
- Maintain records of all programme personnel and consultants and their respective status
- Prepare cost-sharing and other agreements; follow up on contributions within the RCCE Initiative resource mobilization efforts;
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, RCCE Initiative, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
4. Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management and finance;
- Provide administrative support towards the organization of training for staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Timely and accurate support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely recording of overall programme unit finances;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for CO management and donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of internal systems.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good knowledge of programme management;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Strong financial and budgeting skills;
- Strong IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
- Experience in managing liaison and coherence among team.
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.