Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Head of Stabilisation or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer finance specialist will be responsible for:
- Financial analysis and oversight for all resources managed by the RSF and RSS including contributions for general services and provision of high-quality professional advice to the facility coordinator and Head of Stabilisation;
- Proper planning and expenditure tracking of management projects’ resources and audit of financial resources, including extra-budgetary income in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Organization and oversight of facility management processes, including liquidity management, recommendation of impress level, risk assessment, bank relationship management, timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions, security for cash assets on site;
- Monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions and investigation of anomalies or unusual transactions. Provision of information to supervisors and other UNDP RSCA on the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained;
- Full compliance of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and audit follow up with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of the financial resources management system;
- RSF and RSS finance business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal standard operating procedures in the Finance Unit; control of the workflows in the Finance Unit;
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for management projects;
- Routinely monitors financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigates anomalies or unusual transactions. Informs supervisors and other UNDP RSCA of the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained;
- Routinely monitor compliance with IPSAS rules and guidelines in financial transactions conducted at the RSF and RSS;
- Coordinates with the RSF and RSS Unit in monitoring the IPSAS
- Management of facility financial resources through planning, guiding, monitoring and controlling of the resources in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Preparation and monitoring of management projects’ budgets in Atlas;
- Regular analysis and reporting on the budget approvals and the delivery situation of management projects;
- Elaboration of proper mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in budget management;
- Collection of information on internal and external clients’ satisfaction and needs in order to develop improvements to services;
- Preparation and review of financial reports before their submission to donors.
- Perform other duties as required and requested.
Bachelor degree in a relevant area ( Finance, Business administration, public administration or area related to international accounting body such as ACCA, ICMA ACA A combination of relevant trainings and/or professional experience would an important asset;Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
- At least 3 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in providing financial management advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems, or other relevant programmes; experience with Audit and accounting is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Experience working with UNDP and good knowledge of Atlas.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Desirable: valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4x4 over rough terrain; (if not applicable, delete)
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in peacebuilding and peace consolidation, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Finance, Business administration, public administration or area related to international accounting body such as ACCA, ICMA ACADriving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 12-07-2020