Support Service Team Leader
Employment category: G- Manager
Reporting to: Head of Support Services
Technical Report to: Head of Support Services
Subordinates: HR/Admin Officer. Supply Chain Officer. Driver. Cleaner.
Overall purpose of the role:
Ensure full compliance with DRC’s operations handbook on finance, administration, HR and supply chain activities. Oversea the Admin/HR and Supply Chain Staff at the DRC Libya Coordination Office in Tunis. Ensure effective budgetary control, and adherence to DRC and donor policies and procedures. This role has a base focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines at base level. The role contributes to the development of base strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
• Line manage Supply Chain, Administrative and HR staff, drivers, cleaners etc.
• Oversee office and guesthouse maintenance and related contracts / services such as electricity, water, internet and telephone.
• Ensure that thorough and effective budgetary control is in place, and ensure accountability and donor compliance in all financial documentation
• Oversee efficient Human Resource management of both DRC contracted employees and incentive-based workers
• Prepare relevant inputs to programme and support budgets in collaboration with relevant program managers
• Ensure full implementation and adherence to all DRC internal policies and procedures as well as local law regulations
• Arrange travel itinerary for visiting / departing expat staff including tickets, visas, accommodation and pick-up / drop offs.
• Responsible for training and provision of support to program staff in understanding financial obligations and minimum requirements
• Contribute to overseeing staff training and promotion
• Oversee HR procedures based on the global people policy, including recruitment, development, performance, contracts, well-being and people planning.
• Act as DRC Code of Conduct focal point, including training and implementation
As Team Leader the post-holder is responsible for the following:
• Accountable for people management of employees, usually working in the same area of work
• Accountable for ensuring that agreed work plans and tasks set by the next-level up Manager are implemented on time
• Hiring and termination of employees and conducting performance appraisals (closely overseen by the next-level manager)
• Coordinates the daily activities of small teams, often comprised of subordinates and/or employees carrying out similar tasks
• Does not have direct line management responsibility for staff, but may contribute to recruitment and/or performance appraisal of members of the team
• Implements the manager’s decisions through the work of subordinate employees, often playing a role in deciding how to do it; and how to achieve the objective set by the manager.
Key Deliverables: (in bullet points)
- Update and periodic submission of relevant DRC Trackers (Contract, Procurement, Visas etc)
- Update and physical verification Asset Registration Lists
- Monthly Reports to HOSS
- Settle Cash Advances and Low Value Procurements
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Program: DRC & DDG HoPs, Coordinators, project managers
- Support function: HOSS (finance, HR, SC and administration)
- Expat Staff
- Strong Finance & budget management skills;
- Attention to detail
- University degree in relevant subject area;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with national staff and other stakeholders;
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and undertake a proactive approach;
Experience: (include years of experience)
- At least 2-3 years professional work experience in humanitarian organisations
- Experience with procurement procedures of INGO’s
- Knowledge of major donor compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of the local context
- Experience with portfolio management and inter-departmental coordination
- Experience in Finance & Human resource and logistics
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in written and spoken English;