Support Services Officer
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Support Services Officer to respond to the needs of its program in Italy.
About the job
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Financial support:
- Assist with preparation of the budget.
- Implement financial SOPs, policies and procedures.
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger.
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements.
- Ensure data and transactions are properly recorded and entered into accounting systems.
- Prepare Income statements and balance sheets as needed.
- Assist with annual audit.
- Maintain financial files and records.
- Maintain contract follow up on a monthly basis, and make sure all contracts are renewed, closed, or paid on time.
- Filing, scanning, and sending monthly financial documents to country office.
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern.
- Establish and maintain cash controls.
- Monitor cash reserves and investments.
- Prepare monthly cash requests and prepare weekly cash reports.
- Carry out cash and bank transactions for the office.
- Cash Book registry update on a daily basis, and cash count on a weekly, and monthly basis with the Field coordinator or the project manager.
- Ensure staff recruitment and contracting process is in line with DRC procedure and the local labor law.
- Send out job offers and process the paperwork for new hires with our accountant company.
- Send contract request or draft contract and/or contract extension.
- Monitor and update staff leave balance.
- Ensure that all staff personnel records are properly maintained and regularly updated.
- Ensure that DRC internal documents, staff [ersonnel files are filled in correctly.
- Administrative tasks in relation to performance and development processes.
- Support with logistics/procurement tasks including support in obtaining local quotations for supplies, arrangements of deliveries, and local purchases.
- Support with procuring services of individual contactors.
- Oversee all aspects of office maintenance and cleanliness.
- Ensure all utility payments are done on timely basis.
- Ensure meetings are organized and other administrative support as may be required
Act as Heavy User for all support services in DRC Dynamics
To be successful in this role we expect you to master all support services tasks regarding Finance, HR, Admin and Logistics. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance or similar - or equivalent professional qualification
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Computer proficiency, particularly in the use of MS Excel
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in Italian
- Previous experience working within the NGO sector
- Previous ERP software experience is a strong advantage
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 6 months (August 2020 to January 2021) with possibility of extension based on funding availability and performance
Designation of Duty Station: Torino, Italy
Expected start date: 01/09/2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Italian labour law for fix-term contracts and collective agreements for the civil society sector; For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Giulia Spagna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 12/07/2020
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.