Grants Management Assistant
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Grants Management Assistant to work with programme staff in providing high-quality and timely reports for donors and support in other country- and HQ-level communications. As a Grants Management Assistant, you will also support the Programme Coordinator in the initiatives to expand the portfolios, including contributions to proposal development and program design.
About the job
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of internal and external reporting (including monthly, mid-term and final reports), ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely reports meeting donor and DRC requirements, with support from the Programme Coordinator.
- Assist in organizing Grants kick-off meetings.
- Ensure quality information management related to grants by overseeing the regular update of programme/grants documents); ensure hard copies are stored appropriately according to DRC documentation policy.
- Assist the Programme Coordinator in proposal development tasks, through collecting and compiling necessary inputs from program staff, technical advisors, HQ/RO and partners (if relevant) in line with the proposal development plan; supporting in the writing of the proposal as needed; ensuring donor guidelines are respected.
- Maintain up-to-date donor tracking tools to identify potential new donors and strategies which line up with DRC’s strategic priorities.
- Develop tools to track progresses of project implementation when needed.
- Carry out any other relevant duties as requested.
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have excellent proposal development and writing skills in both English and Italian. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Diploma in international relations, development or relevant field or equivalent professional qualification.
- Familiarity with EU and Italian donors with special attention to reporting requirements.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Fluency in Italian.
- At least one- year experience working in an NGO is considered a strong advantage
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: part-time, 6 months (August 2020 to January 2021) with possibility of extension based on funding availability and performance
Designation of Duty Station: Torino, Italy
Expected start date: 01/08/2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Italian labour law for fix-term contracts and collective agreements for the civil society sector. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Giulia Spagna at email@example.com.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 12/07/2020
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.