English Language Teacher
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Office of Human Resources develops, recommends and facilitates implementation of human resources policies, procedures and services and advises management on appropriate measures and strategies to ensure that the Organization attracts, develops and retains a diverse, skilled and highly motivated workforce. OHR administers the Organization's human resources management programmes, in particular in the areas of talent acquisition, position management, recruitment, mobility, staff development and social security. It supports the HR Units and staff throughout the Organization, in the SSC and the Regional Offices, to ensure that HR processes and programmes are delivered in a consistent, effective and efficient manner.
FAO Subscribers to Personal Services Agreements (PSAs) and Call purpose
The Organization frequently engages individuals to perform task-based assignments for which FAO has a temporary need. PSAs are neither staff members nor officials of the Organization, but rather are employed as independent, external contractors. Assignments are specific regarding the objectives that need to be achieved and must be achievable within the time-frame of the proposed contract.
The objective of the Call is to attract talented individuals with experience and background in teaching English as a foreign language and in assessing official language examinations to populate the language teachers Roster. Candidates who are registered in the Roster are available for consideration whenever relevant opportunities arise.
The language teacher reports to the Human Resources Officer (language training)
- Teach group and/or individual language courses.
- Be familiar with online delivery platforms
- Correct the Official Language Examinations in a professional, confidential and timely manner.
- Administer oral examinations upon request.
- Develop examinations as needed.
- Participate in teachers’ monthly meetings to discuss issues and share information.
- Update HR Officer (language training) on learners ‘progress (group and individual) on a regular basis.
- Update and present a course syllabus for each course taught during the contract (group and individual).
- Send syllabus and lesson log to students after group courses in a timely manner.
- Update and correct the end of session test for each student.
- Provide student’s progress report (next level, pass/fail and comments) at the end of each group and/or individual class as well as an evaluation for the learner.
- University degree in education, language or related area
- Five years of relevant experience in teaching language in an international environment
- Working knowledge of English
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent and relevance of experience in teaching English to adults in an international environment
- Extent and relevance of experience in delivering online teaching classes
- Extent and relevance of experience in assessing language examinations
- Extent and relevance of experience in developing language examinations
- Familiarity with Word and Excel
- Extent of experience teaching in an international multicultural workplace
- Proven experience as a team player with sensitivity in dealing with different nationalities and cultural backgrounds
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency