Shelter Coordinator G7 (National Position) - Damascus
Duties and responsibilities
- Project Cycle Management (PCM) & Implementation: responsible for the successful implementation of the Welcoming School Program delivered through direct implementation throughout the full project cycle. The position-holder may be required to represent the Creating Welcoming School Program team in PCM meetings and to produce key PCM documentation.
- Capacity Building: responsible for supporting the successful capacity building of NRC Creating Welcoming Schools staff in relevant competencies.
- Technical Quality: Responsible for ensuring implementation of high quality Creating Welcoming Schools Program by NRC, in accordance with the agreed NRC Syria Response Country and Core Competency Strategies, tools and guidelines.
- Programme Development: Responsible for supporting high quality Area Office-level input into the Syria Response (country-level) Shelter & WASH programme development initiatives (e.g. Core Competency Strategies).
- Project M&E: responsible for accurate and high quality Monitoring and Evaluation of NRC Creating Welcoming Schools program or related activities, including information management and archiving.
- Reporting: responsible for accurate and high quality contributions to the reporting of NRC Creating Welcoming Schools Area-level achievements through all relevant reporting mechanisms.
- Protection Mainstreaming. Responsible for supporting protection mainstreaming in all Creating Welcoming Schools or related activities throughout the project-cycle.
- Coordination & Representation: responsible for representing NRC Shelter & WASH programmes in Area-level coordination mechanisms, in formal and informal forums and through bilateral (peer) coordination.
- Bachelor Degree in civil, structural engineering, architecture or similar; Master Degree is preferable; any relevant professional certification is a plus.
- 2 Years of experience of project implementation in humanitarian/recovery contexts.
- Minimum 5 years of experience of working in construction/engineering projects with tight deadline and budget supervision; including at least 2 -3 years in supervising a team.
- Technical Shelter or WASH and Emergency Response expertise.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and verbal.
- Experience with Office applications.
- Knowledge of the context in Syria.
- Experience with remotely managed programming.
- Experience with partner-led programming.
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
- Strategic thinking
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiating action and change
- Managing performance and development
We can offer
Contract period: Up to one year, renewable based on NRC fund and performance.
Salary/benefits:According to NRC's salary scale and terms and conditions.
Duty Station: Damascus
Candidates who do not fill the website application form in details may not be considered.
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.