Finance Technical Assistant (National Position)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation, and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 9000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
The purpose of this position is to support the finance department in Erbil on the day to day financial, accounting, and payment activities.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
2. Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to the plan of action
3. Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
4. Ensure proper filing of documents
5. Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
1. Process day to day payment in cash and banks (Suppliers, cash advances, staff etc.) ensuring all the supporting documents adhere to NRC Financial Regulations
2. Manage and control travel advances of staff traveling in the region, ensuring all advances are properly cleared at the end of the month
3. Manage petty cash cashbook and ensure daily recording of expenditures
4. Perform weekly cash counts, cash inventory at the end of the month and bank reconciliations
5. Responsible for filing the vouchers and other financial documents in NRC’s standard filing system
6. Prepares all supporting documents for monthly external accounting and tax reports
7. Responsible for defining Agresso Master data for AO4 office
8. Ensure all monthly prepaid expenses are closed and properly allocated to projects
9. Prepare monthly cash request for Erbil office
2. Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business administration or Finance related field
3. Advanced working knowledge of MS Office package.
4. Knowledge of any accounting system will be an asset
5. Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
6. Very good knowledge of English
2. Planning and delivering results
3. Empowering and building trust
4. Communicating with impact and respect
We can offer
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: till 31st December 2020 with the possibility of extension subject to funding
Duty Station: This position will be based in NRC office in Erbil
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
For more information, please see attached Job Description
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.