Construction and Maintenance Officer - Misrata
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC aims to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Working under the supervision of the supply chain manager based in Misrata the construction and maintenance officer is responsible for supporting the delivery of efficient and effective construction and rehabilitation of facilities, where needed.
Tasks to be performed/Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for the planning, implementation and monitoring of assigned activities in line with project requirements and specifications.
- Manages the processes for all construction, rehabilitation, and maintenance in the health facilities in coordination with the Health Manger and stakeholders.
- Identify implementation challenges and opportunities and raise these to the Health Manager and the Supply Chain Manager.
- Prepares engineering reports, and summarizing data and trends; entering data and generating reports and presentations; performing calculations.
- Oversees the maintenance works including supervision of the contractors (the responsible company) working on the site, providing technical support as required to ensure technical quality and timely response.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Ensuring project progress is documented, integrating IRC procedures in all aspects of project.
- Maintains and improves quality results by completing quality assurance tests; following standards; studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- In consultation with the Supply Chain Unit, manage daily relationship with the stakeholders, and local authorities’ engineers at the field level and the team leader in the field level.
- Working closely with the supply chain manager, assist with construction procurement if needed and other supply chain tasks as required by the line manager
·Any additional duties as may be required.