Minimum age: 35 years old. Applicants must nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Early Recovery Advisor or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Economics Specialist will:
Provide high quality economic analysis to UNDP and UNCT as it relates to COVID-19 assessments and related programmes and ensures that UNDP programmes are in line with Global commitments, National policies and priorities through:
- Assisting in the design of socio-economic impact assessments of COVID-19 on MSMEs in the formal and informal economy;
- Providing input and recommendation on primary data collection (qualitative and quantitative) for socio-economic impact assessments;
- Providing input and recommendation and analysis for conducting secondary data collection (desk research);
- Assisting in developing and utilizing digital solutions for collecting primary data, such as surveys and monitoring progress and impact;
- Undertaking of studies/research on aligning with the country context of the current crisis in collaboration with other Development Partners;
- Researching, analysing and presenting macro-economic trends and data, as well as information on emerging best practices in collection and interpretation of economic data on key issues related to COVID-19;
- Analysing and reporting on economic and statistical data on key issues related to COVID-19 and of relative importance to the country through preparation of briefs and policy notes;
- Providing technical and analytical leadership and/or drafting support for the preparation of UNDP reports or knowledge products prepared by UNDP programmes;
- Creating, managing, and regularly updating an electronic database of socio-economic impact assessments and socio-economic impact data on key issues related to COVID-19;
- Providing data excerpts and analysis, per the requests of Innovations for Development Specialist;
- Providing analysis and substantive inputs to COVID-19 related Assessments, UNDP Country Programme Documents, project and programme documents and other strategic documents;
- Conducting regular horizon scans on trends and good practices on socio-economic assessment methodologies and tools;
- Assisting in writing up analyses of the socio-economic impact assessments (updates and policy briefs) for internal and external audiences;
- Providing support to monitoring and reporting on the affects and impacts of COVID-19;
- Assisting the UNDP country office in resource mobilization efforts as an Upper MIC and HIC;
- Providing oversight support to the programme teams in conducting sector specific analytical works where required to realign current programmes as needed.
- Supporting the monitoring of progress and formulation of strategies toward the achievement of the SDGs in relation to the current crisis;
- Managing of events and publications on COVID-19 economic issues; Representing UNDP in different working groups.
Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant area, e.g. Economics, Econometrics, Finance or a related area; a first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree;Required experience: 180 Months Experience remark:
- At least 15 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in research and policy-level analysis, or other relevant programmes; experience with socio-economic assessments is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in international development, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Russian(Optional), Level - Fluent
As an active UNDP team member, efficient, timely, responsive, client-friendly and high-quality support rendered to UNDP and its beneficiaries in the accomplishment of her/his functions, including:
- A Work Plan at the outset of the assignment;
- Methodology to evaluate and assess social-economic studies and feasibility of future COVID19 developmental projects;
- High-quality, professional, timely and efficient support in developing, conducting and finalizing socio-economic impact assessment, Programme Documents, project and programme documents and other strategic documents is provided;
- Provides timely input and support for the following: Surveys, focus group questionnaires are developed in line with the methodology provided, distributed via designated digital tools, the results are collected in timely and efficient manner;
- Provides timely input and support in relation to the Database of survey results which is compiled, managed, ensuring that it is updated on a regular basis, in line with the needs of socio-economic impact assessment;
- Analyses of socio-economic impact assessments are presented for a wide range of internal and external audiences;
- Monthly progress reports.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Ukraine and legal residents in the Ukraine with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 16 July 2020