Programme Assistant, Online Volunteering
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Manager, the National UN Volunteer will support:
- Online Volunteering Service Delivery (Quality and Speed):
- Screen online volunteering opportunities and registration applications submitted by host organizations in a timely manner, ensuring required information is complete, assessing compliance with established criteria, e.g. adherence to UN policies, verifying applicant organizations’ goals and activities through Internet research.
- Provide technical support such as guiding the users in the registration process or in joining an existing account in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance and advisory on the formulation of online volunteering opportunities.
- Support users in the selection process, and oversee online collaboration with volunteers, to ensure high level of satisfaction with the collaboration.
- Assist in the issuance of certificates of appreciation for online volunteers at the end of the collaboration after ensuring that both parties have provided the required feedbacks on the OV platform.
- Respond to users enquires and questions in a timely manner, and guide users on other website-related issues and problem solving.
- Support the daily promotion of the Online Volunteering service in the Arab States countries:
- Lead demand generation of Online Volunteering opportunities by UN partners, public institutions, NGOs and CSOs to ensure an adequate number and quality of assignments is offered.
- Promote online volunteering by contributing to networking efforts and building relationships with relevant organizations, organizing information meetings and workshops for target organizations and providing relevant information and assistance to achieve a better understanding of UNV Online Volunteering service.
- Prepare and draft outreach materials such as tailored presentations and outreach messages.
- Strengthening capacity of UNV personal through bilateral meetings with interested partners in using the Online Volunteering service.
- Provide support and required knowledgebase for the FUs to enable them to successfully and efficiently promoting the OV service, through providing regional webinar and skype call meetings to ensure better understanding and awareness of the UNV Online Volunteering service.
- Participate in promotional events that promote volunteer modalities of UNV among selected target groups.
- Participate in the Regional Office communication efforts and products about UNV Online Volunteering service offering.
- Support the layout and design Online Volunteering service information and outreach materials.
- Support the technical enhancements of the UNV Online Volunteering website
- Support the IT enhancements of the OV platform (product development).
- Perform regular testing for the system functionalities, and ongoing improvements on the stage/test environment and reports findings/bugs.
Bachelor degree in Art, Media or Communication, Peace and Development studies, Social Sciences or other related fieldRequired experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- At least 2 years of experience in project management and international development;
- Strong interest in development cooperation and in the work of the United Nations Volunteers programme;
- Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others;
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- Experience in developing countries is desirable.
- Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others).
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Jordan and legal residents in Jordan with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 11-July-2020.