||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
CTG is anticipating a project to go live in South Sudan, hence we are proactively raising this request, this advert is only for roster / talent building purposes only & does not indicate a live requirement.
Under the direct supervision of the Traffic Officer the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
- Required to transport cargo in the form of both food & non food items in accordance to the procedures & normative guidelines, as establish by our client.
- Perform identical duties as boat driver, as indicated below, but with the additional responsibilities of:
- Carry responsibility for convoy, boat drivers & provide leadership & guidance to those boats under the convoy.
- Responsible for telecommunications & usage of GPS, HF & VHF radio & communications to inform Traffic Officer of progress & position on an hourly basis.
- Ensure that all boat drivers carry out their tasks & responsibilities in accordance to their job descriptions.
- Responsible for all security issues that may arise & always decide safest option for convoy & use careful judgement to ensure safe passage.
- In the event of breakdown or recovery, decide upon best course of action to recover boat in the safest & quickest manner without potential damage being caused by in this exercise.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available for off loading cargo where applicable.
- Perform a daily inspection of the boat & ensure that they are mechanically sound & to report any problems or defects to immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that the boat under direct responsibility is thoroughly cleaned & maintained in a good mechanical condition.
- Ensure that the boat logbook is duly completed on a daily & timely basis free from errors to maintain good records.
- Ensure that the boat is always fuelled on time & make sure that the fuel consumption figures are maintained within the established parameters as set by our client.
- Responsible to ensure that the cargo loaded at origin is safely transported to the destination free from contamination, losses or damage & held accountable for the same, will witness loading together with Tally Clerk & ensure signing & endorsing of waybill at destination.
- Held responsible & accountable for the boat & any tools or equipment given to the boat driver (& signed for) & ensure that it remains in good condition.
- Ensure that the boat is loaded (metric tonnes) in accordance to the established payload of the boat & under no circumstances to exceed this limit.
- Cargo must be loaded uniformly & equally distributed for safety reasons.
- Navigate the boat in a safe & responsible manner with due respect & attention to other boats, property etc.
- Whilst the boat is in the workshop the boat driver shall assist in repairs & maintenance activities as required.
- Any accident that may occur must be immediately reported to supervisor & / or other parties concerned.
- The boat driver will only travel to authorised destination & only load authorised cargo, under no circumstance shall deviate from this unless authorised by the immediate supervisor.
- Manoeuvre the boat at the duty station as required.
- Will perform any other duties as requested by immediate supervisor.
This role will liaise & cooperate with all other employees & cooperating partners of our client.
||Qualifications & experience:
- Holder of a valid, clean boat driving licence in accordance to the vehicle category assigned to drive in accordance to national regulations in South Sudan.
- Must have had at least 2 years minimum experience preferably 5 years gained in the relevant driver licence category.
- Trained to & experienced with driving with a multiple boats.
This role is responsible for handling boat driver(s).
- Ensure that established route turnaround times (expressed in days / hours) & distances (expressed in kilometres) are within parameters set as well as respecting the established standard night out allowances, notwithstanding abnormal circumstances, such as security.
- Fuel consumption figures maintained within parameters set.
- Vehicle maintained in good mechanical condition, limited tyre wear free from any breakages in accordance to standards set by our client.
- Cargo loaded, securely & safely, transported from origin to destination in a secure dry environment & duly received in a good sound condition at the receiving location.
- Complete all boat administrative documents (boat log books, waybills etc.) accurately, correctly & in turn, hand them over to Traffic Officer on a timely basis.
- Required to report on time for duty as per establish established working hours & sign the time sheet prepared for this purpose.
- Ensure that both loading / unloading times are kept to a minimum acceptable level & to report any abnormal waiting times.
- Loss or damage of cargo, spares, tools or equipment as well as loss of fuel in the care of the employee shall be deducted from the salary based on CIF value or local market rate, whichever is prevailing.
- Based on a quarterly performance evaluation, the salary payment grade shall be adjusted accordingly for the new quarter.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- This role is being advertised for roster / talent pool building purposes only & is not a live requirement at the moment.