Hospital Hygiene Assistant
To provide support to the office of the Nursing Officer in Charge in undertaking daily activities in running of the Hospital. He will provide supervision to the hospital cleaners/sanitation workers.
- To facilitate the store releases for the hospital Infection Control & Prevention (IPC) supplies and distribution to the wards, units and other facilities.
- Maintain a daily hospital consumption of IPC supplies and stock in the store.
- To coordinate auxiliary staff within the hospital in close collaboration with ward supervisors and Counterpart manager.
- Ensure that all staff wear all appropriate PPE.
- To conduct daily hospital checks on cleanliness of the compound and auxillary staff attendance in all wards and report daily to the nursing officer in charge.
- Work hand in hand with supply chain to facilitate the repairs and replacement of Infection Control & Prevention related equipment and other maintenance works within the hospital and report to nursing officer in charge.
- To train any new cleaners on cleaning procedures and use of antiseptics in collaboration with the infection control link nurse or IPC Committe.
- Prepare attendance sheets for compound, sanitation and laundry staff every month in preparation of the payroll.
- Work hand in hand with the counterpart clinical services manager to prepare the payroll, Leave plans and Leave tracking for supervisees/Cleaners.
- To organize for transfer of equipment and supplies to the wards.
- To report any malfunction within the hospital to the hospital nursing officer in charge for repairs to be initiated.
- Supervision of casual laborers for execution of hospital works and prepare an attendance sheet and submits to the matron for plan of payment.
- Attend to monthly infection prevention and control meeting and hospital management meetings.
- Participate in recruitment of sanitation worker and cleaners.
- Supervision of sanitation workers within the hospital and monitor their performance.
- Manage leave plans for sanitation and laundry workers ensuring adequate coverage.
- Solve minor problems among the sanitation incentive staffs and influence them positively.
Carry out any other relevant duties as delegated to by the supervisor.
Key Result Areas
- Overall supervision and co-ordination of sanitation workers and other casual workers within the hospital to ensure adequate coverage and quality of work.
- Follow up PRs renovations and repairs with relevant departments.
- Ensure adequate supplys for distribution through timely store release.