Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leading non-profit humanitarian organization providing relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression.
Job Overview/Summary: The Field Finance Officer will be located in an IRC Office inside Syria and perform the day-to-day finance operations. Under the supervision of the Field Manager and the Field Finance Manager, he/she will work to maintain and oversee all accounting operations to ensure that all finance processes in the field are performed in accordance with IRC and country office policy and procedures.
- Ensure the application of finance processes in compliance with IRC policies and procedures.
- Manage all aspects of day to day operations of accounting department inside Syria.
- Managing cash controls as well as maintain cash count sheets up-to-date.
- Support the internal audit recommendations; including reviewing payments’ codes.
- Process and control all documents for submission.
- Support and prepare accurate and timely cash counts, including petty cash.
- Ensure proper safe keeping of the cash and cheques to be kept in the office; and ensure controlled access, security and safety.
- Arranging with Hawala agents and field management to ensure highest level of liquidity, transparency, quickness, and efficiency for money transfer.
- Insure and monitor the cash balances and required supporting documents for payments’ processing.
- Check on payments’ supporting documents for accuracy and sufficiency.
- Perform monthly cash counts and reconciliation and report.
Payments, Documents and Receipts’ Records (Accounting):
- Filing all finance records and make it available for internal /external audit and review.
- Keep up to date records for staff program advances, and follow up with them to liquidate advances.
-provide statues for all payments submitted to finance make reports for Field Finance Manager and FM.
- Reconciliation of accounts and preparing the balance sheet reconciliation and Hawala reconciliation.
- Perform other duties, as necessary as requested.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Directly Reports to: Field Manager
Position Technically Reports to: Field Finance Manager Position Directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A Other Internal and/or external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.
Internal: Support team (HR & SC) & program team
External: Suppliers and Hawala Agents