Head of Finance – BISA
The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to the website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org.
We are seeking dynamic, innovative and self-motivated professional for the position of Head of Finance. This will be a Locally Recruited Position for CIMMYT-BISA.
The position will be based initially in Delhi, but is likely to be relocated to Ludhiana before the end of 2020.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
Manages and oversees the entire Finance function within the BISA and supervises the entire Financial Management of the BISA.
- Manages the Finance Function of the BISA to effectively deploy administrative, financial and technical resources to achieve the objectives and deliverables in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Supervises the Finance Staff.
- Maintains right set of performance indicators to measure organization’s performance with regard to financial management.
- Review and prepare supplement to BISA standard policies when the specific situation of the country require deviation from the standard policies (e.g. integrate regulatory and statutory requirements). Update such supplements on a regular basis. Ensure staff clearly understand and implement all policies and benefits.
- Manages the admin/office function of the Ludhiana site.
- Closely oversee accounting entry and preparation of financial reports and annual financial statements for HQ, donors, vendor payments, and regional scientists using the ERP in use.
- Maintain an adequate Internal Control framework over financial reporting.
- Prepare periodic financial reports, lead the budget and latest estimate cycle, provides financial monitoring tools to Project leaders.
- Ensure that funds are transferred to vendors/employees/partners in a timely manner, and that financial analysis & follow-up on budgetary line items is accurate and prompt; monitor and evaluate projects/program expenses; perform verification and preparation of financial statements for programs and projects.
- Oversee / Implement appropriate Treasury, Investment and cash Management practices.
- Ensure timely financial correspondence with HQ, partners, donors and other national and international offices
- Support partner organizations to help them understand CIMMYT’s accounting and financial reporting system as required. Execute partner financial capacity building; Review Partner’s subgrants and financial reports.
- In coordination with the HR function, Oversee Payroll cycle and ensure that right level of employee provisions are accounted for and withholding taxes are accounted for (including timely deposits of employee provident funds).
- Ensures Full Costing of seed production and costing of farm operations and service arrangements.
- Ensure full tax compliance (direct and indirect taxes, such as GST and withholding taxes).
- Collect quotations for office materials/equipment and place orders based on financial considerations as well as quality/appropriateness of materials in consultation with Administrative Committee.
- Fixed Assets Management: Ensure all assets are tracked, annually verified and that additions and disposals are appropriate authorized in line with DOA (delegation of authority).
- Facilitate independent the work of auditors when undergoing an audit and prepare management response to the auditor recommendations, in compliance with donor rules and regulations; ensure follow up of auditor recommendations and execution by local and expatriate staff.
- Preparation of annual financial statements in compliance with Indian GAAP.
- Ensure financial statutory compliance with regard to direct and indirect taxes, CSR regulations and Central Bank (RBI) regulations.
- Ensure employee provident fund compliance and high service levels.
- Manage third party (outsourced) relations and contract management.
- Maintain Focus, Efficient, Efficacy and compliant operations in the country
- Integrate financial sound grant management.
- Ensure and supervise on-time donor financial reporting in compliant with Donor contractual terms.
- Responsible for timely balance sheet reconciliation.
- Leads coordination responses to Internal and External Audits.
- Ensure sound financial management is cascaded down to BISA’s farms throughout India, including inventory management and appropriate costing of Seed and Crops valuation.
- Perform any other duties requested with respect to financial management.
Head of Administration – Ludhiana Site
- Oversees the administrative function at BISA HQ Site , which includes the logistics function, but excludes the Human Resources Function.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills and attitudes:
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (CA) / Certified Public Accountant (CPA) / Certified Management Accountant (CMA) with at least 8 years of experience out of which 5 years of leading and managing diverse teams in support services.
- Advance level of knowledge of the Financial and Procurement best practices.
- Expert knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and Indian GAAP.
- Deep knowledge of Financial grant management.
- Ability to provide strategic inputs for proposal and budget development, financial tracking and analysis.
Experience in operating ERP software.
- Experience of working with non-for-profit (International NGO) sector is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Indian Statute, applicable laws/ taxation, regulation and prevalent practices in international NGO sector.
- Must have team management experience, well verse with conflict resolution, critical thinking skills and must have high level of integrity.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Monday, July 27, 2020 to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference number: IN20146 in the subject of your email)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality teamwork, and respect for diversity.