Project Field Assistant
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO’s approach to development assistance in Mindanao focuses on supporting the rehabilitation of agriculture and fisheries-based livelihoods, accelerating agriculture-based enterprises and increasing access to sustainable energy, and resilience to risk in municipalities affected by natural disasters and conflict. FAO interventions will include, among others\:
Introduction of various productivity enhancing technologies to improve household incomes and promote sustainable agricultural practices.
Technical assistance to government in reviewing existing policies that promote equitable agribusiness venture arrangements between farmers and agribusiness firms and capacity building activities for farmers that are anchored on the value chain approach.
Capacity building on enterprise development and agribusiness that will allow farmers, fisherfolk and local government units to maximize potential market opportunities.
Restoring and increasing the productivity of agriculture and fisheries-based livelihoods of smallholder farmers and marginalized fishers, decommissioned Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) combatants and their families
Enhancing the competitiveness of farm households, particularly women, to establish and manage microenterprises
Facilitating the establishment of agribusiness enterprises with production-market contract agreements or similar arrangements
The Project Field assistant will be under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative ad interim, the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme), day to day guidance of the Head of the Mindanao and Emergency Response and Preparedness Group (MERG),and the Project Team Leader.
FAO has been implementing various projects in Mindanao, which are guided by the FAO Mindanao Strategic Programme for Agriculture/Agribusiness (MSPAA), which is in line with the Bangsamoro Development Plan (BDP, 2015). One of the projects being implemented in Mindanao supported by the Government of South Korea is the project entitled “Support to Agriculture and Agribusiness Enterprises in Mindanao for Sustainable Development”. The overall objective of the Project is to contribute to the attainment of sustainable peace and development and inclusive growth in Mindanao through support to the improvement of agriculture and fisheries-based livelihoods, and accelerated agriculture-based enterprises.
The Project Field Assistant will provide support for the efficient, coordinated, and timely implementation of the project by assisting the Project Team in the conduct of capacity building activities, provision of agricultural inputs, monitoring and assessment of initial results of interventions, as well as in report writing, and ensuring that these activities are carried out in alignment with the Accountability towards Affected Populations (AAP) framework, and consistent with project goals.
Tasks and responsibilities
Specifically, the Project Field Assistant (FA) will carry out the following tasks\:
- Assist in the implementation of project interventions to include, but not limited to, distribution of project inputs, monitoring and assessment of initial results of intervention and report writing;
- Provide overall support to Project Technical Specialists in the conduct of capacity-building activities, such as organizing trainings and workshops; preparing documentation reports on all training activities, workshops, and other project activities; and submitting these documentation reports to Project Technical Specialists for review
- Inform Project Technical Specialists and Project Team Leader on existing and potential field implementation problems and issues that require immediate attention, and recommend viable alternatives to resolve problems and issues;
- Assist in maintaining an up-to-date database information system of partner CBOs including sub-projects implementation and capacity-building interventions; and
- Perform other related duties as required by the Project Team Leader and FAO Representative
- University Degree in Agriculture, Fisheries, Agri-business Management, Social Sciences or other related disciplines.
- At least two (2) years relevant and progressive experience assisting in project implementation at the field level.
- A national of the Philippines
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Relevant experience in field project operations in either emergency/rehabilitation and development assistance particular in Mindanao context.
- Familiarity and/or work experience in North Cotabato, Maguindanao or Cotabato City.
- Familiarity with UN administrative operations is an asset.
- Ability to plan and work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- General knowledge and skills in the use of standard office software, such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact\: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/